Bensen Gyrocopter for sale

@cloudhopper Thank you for the plans. there does not seem to be any detailed plans for the rotor head and tower.

regards

phil

Hi, I just did a first practice taxi of my Brock KB2 at the airport today, 72 hp McCulloch ran great. Looking for a copy of the Benson gyrocopter flight training manual. Anybody know where to get a copy?
Thanks from Y51

I'll volunteer to make a PDF copy. If you send a manual to me, I'll make a PDF copy and then send the original back to you within a day or two.

Eric
Eric:

If the copy is clean I'm interested in a copy of the flight manual.

Bobby

Eric:

If the copy is clean I'm interested in a copy of the flight manual.

Bobby
Copying his manual didn't work out. The imperfect copy I emailed you a while back is all I have, but it's all there if you put your glasses on. ; )

Robert,

I took a look and I see in your photos that you have a copy of the Bensen pilot's manual. At the suggestion of a fellow gyro pilot, I used a blurry copy I found on the web to help my Dad and I transition from our 2-place training into our single-place Sport Copter Vortex since they fly VERY differently.

It would be a generous use of your time to copy the manual and post a PDF of it here on the forum. There are lots of free apps for your phone that make it easy to take a photo and covert it automatically to PDF. The app I use on my iPhone is called CamScanner.

Following the thorough training in the Bensen manual very likely kept us from damaging our gyro or hurting ourselves.

Eric
I have that manual

I have a set of Bensen gyro glider plans from the late 60"s. Does anyone have any of the plans and or updates that people have mentioned on the web are needed to make the original design safe to fly? Does anyone have detail plans for the head showing dimensions and which bearings to use? The originals for the glider plans I have are not clear and do not mention the bearing numbers to tell if they are tapered or straight. I joined the PRA and looked at the plans they have available, but I did not see anything I needed. I also joined a PRA Chapter, but they were not interested in helping with information, only selling items members made. There were a couple of people on the web that mentioned they would like to help me, but with them being in other country's or across the states, I did not feel right in asking them to go that far out of their way to help me. I just need information mostly with the drawings mentioned for now. Just retired and I need to build a work room while looking through the drawings. I was a tool and die machinist in the past, so understanding drawings are not an issue for me, but getting the correct information so that I can build a safe gyro to keep me from killing myself seems hard to find!
Thanks for any information anyone can point me to.
I have all the latest plans and training books. All came from Bensen MFG. I have a gyro for sale listed here and there is basic pics of the plans. Take a look.