Bensen Days promo video

any chatter about rescheduling?
With sun n fun pushing out, I'm toying with the idea of heading down. I'm not a gyro pilot but I'm curious and have wanted to go check it out down there but with it so close to sun n fun it's hard to swing the time off for both!

PRA has been receiving phone calls asking if it will be rescheduled to match Sun N Fun.
Who is in charge of Bensen Days this year?. I'd like to talk to them.

Just an 'outsider' I'd actually hope for it not to align with sun n fun...I can't do both so close together
not sure I'd travel down for it at the current schedule though....with the current hysteria....

I have it repeated over and over that Bensen days 2020 is a GO ... on the original schedule! 24-28 March ..... looks like I have to load my gyro tomorrow due to our expected wet week in KS ..... I plan to head off on Friday!

Things moving rapidly ...... as the travel & crowd-restrictions develop ...as I suspected( after reading comments from an emergency management officer ...on an RV blog-site!) ...today I made the decision to stay home from both the FL trip and my planned month in Australia (May).....I learned that on arrival down-under I would have to self-isolate for 14 days ....uhmmm ...in a bare apartment ...with no way to get food???(go grocery shopping!). screw THAT ...I'm staying home in KS with my long established "prepper-supplies!" ...lots of things to do on farm & garden & home & solitary gyro-flying to do here! ....looking forwards to a successful containment of the virus-crises in the next month & (maybe ??) B-Days will get moved to the week before SnF .... a lot can change in month ....with the isolation tactics & warm-weather! Qantas offer fee-free ticketing changes and future travel credits ...which works for my November visit! ....as dear Jim used to say "Man makes plans ...God laughs" !!! stay well - stay safe & see you at ROTR ...Mentone ( &??? resched. B-Days May 2020 or April/2021). o_O:rolleyes:

At this point I doubt SilverLight Aviation (AR-1) will be going to 2020 Bensen Days. We are limiting operations for now for the next couple of weeks. Doubt I would feel great about giving new people rides in AR-1 given the situation that is evolving everyday and the trajectory of this thing in Florida is certainly upwards. Per CDC recommendation we would likely not attend this year

Last edited:
well that seals it for me.... taking a hard look at the AR-1 was a big driver for me wanting to come...... Don't blame you a bit through, and I applaud you for slowing your operations

well that seals it for me.... taking a hard look at the AR-1 was a big driver for me wanting to come...... Don't blame you a bit through, and I applaud you for slowing your operations

You can still come see AR-1 if you are not sick at our facility one on one. They postponed Bensen days till end of April before Sun N Fun yesterday