Bensen Days and Sun N Fun 2017 for SilverLight Aviation

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 560 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes. Pilot Airplane
Hi All:
Just got back from these two airshows. We received two orders and a good solid pipeline for near future of potentials. I thank everyone who came and visited us and considered our US made gyroplane. One of the orders came from our newest dealer, Salt Air Aviation and BeachFlight in Gulf Shore, Alabama. They are a full FBO, a 141 school with 7 instructors, A&P mechanics who are certified in Rotax 91X series engine service and train in Type certificated GA as well as Sport aircraft. News release coming soon. This fall they will start a builder's assist center at their FBO. We are looking for other gyroplane CFIs around the country for dealerships as well and hope to have some in other areas soon.
I also want to officially announce that there was significant interest shown in a side by side and we have decided that side by side gyroplane work will commence in earnest. I already got two customers who put a small production slot refundable deposit for it so time to execute towards making it production reality which is a lot of work but nothing our team have not done before.

Last edited:
Way to go Abid and team Silverlight!!!
I think you are doing everything right!

Abid, many thanks to you and your team! I had a wonderful time talking with you and learning about your machines. I hope I didn't ask too many stupid questions. I for one am interested in a side-by-side configuration. Flying with Greg in the tandem was sooooo smooth and responsive. I will anxiously watch and cheer for your progress. You are doing wonderful things to advance the gyro world. It's nice to say it's built in the USA! I'm glad you chose this profession versus the doctor route like the rest of your family...you are great at this! Onward and UPWARD!! Kyron

kyron;n1118848 said:
Abid, many thanks to you and your team! I had a wonderful time talking with you and learning about your machines. I hope I didn't ask too many stupid questions. I for one am interested in a side-by-side configuration. Flying with Greg in the tandem was sooooo smooth and responsive. I will anxiously watch and cheer for your progress. You are doing wonderful things to advance the gyro world. It's nice to say it's built in the USA! I'm glad you chose this profession versus the doctor route like the rest of your family...you are great at this! Onward and UPWARD!! Kyron

Hey Kyron: Nice to see you here. Good thing you got to fly near the end so you could compare it to what you had been flying and be converted :). Its going to happen and happen very fast. We have a great team and my job is to get the best out of each one of them. Some of the engineering kids who helped us with AR-1 have gone on to work for large corporations making battle ships, cars and missile systems but another graduating class awaits at USF, UCF and UF to choose from. Sign up for the side by side if you like with us.

That's some great news ! Keep up the good work & best of luck to you !

And Congrats to Deacon Pete from Oregon on ordering an AR-1 gyroplane kit this morning. Number 16