Bensen Days 2nd annual CLUSTER CLUCK

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Its a little early...but I think you egg bombers need more time to come up with equipment that can deliver an egg on my torso.

This coming Bensen Days...we will have our 2nd annual CLUSTER CLUCK contest. Simple rules...which will be more strictly enforced......no slower than 30 mph.....no lower than 50 ft..

Try to drop an egg....or eggs on me. This thing is growing more interest each time...and I know this will be the biggest egg drop yet.

Chopper Gabor has done some nice artwork for some t-shirts that I will be talking to Phil Rufin about printing up.

I let Gabor design it..with just a few requirements. I wanted a chicken with a rotor coming out of it dropping eggs. One other major requirement was that there be a whole carton of eggs coming down. This is for Roy Davis who "accidently" let go of a whole carton of eggs last Bensen Days.

I never will forget looking up as Roy was overhead with that whole carton of eggs. I saw the whole carton tumbling end over end straight towards me. Time kind of went into super slow motion...and these thoughts all were going through my head I thought "Roy!!!.....you are too nice of a guy to be doing something so careless and dangerous. I could not believe it as my brain was calculating that I would be ok standing where I was...but....it was going to be close. The whole carton of eggs landed with a thud just 4 ft from me. I remember saying..."That would have hurt!" I had an unbroken egg in my hand that was going to be tossed at Roy when he taxiied by...but I didnt get the chance.

Roy won the egg drop contest with this cluster cluck bombing. Ed implanted an idea in my ear about when giving Roy his plaque...to have an egg in my right hand that would pop when we shook hands at the banquet.

Thats exactly what I did....but I had no idea the egg was going to explode right on Roys crotch......he had egg yolk dripping from his fly.....and we almost all died from laughter.

Anyway....you guys and gals start getting your bomb sights ready.....I personally would have a pvc tube with a row of eggs...simply being released with one pin......and that would be a real CLUSTER CLUCK! But no whole carton of eggs....please.

So....this is everyones winter assignment,...come up with some way to bomb me with an egg. I still say the safest place on the airport will be the chair I am sitting in, Prove me wrong for the first time.

The winner, which I predict will not hit me...but that came the closest...will get a free t-shirt gratus from me.

I am egging you all on............So come on all you CLUSTER CLUCKERS.......cluck me up!

Stan

Attachments

• Bensen%20Shirt[1].jpg
    Bensen%20Shirt[1].jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 0
Stan, Fun or not. There is no way I could bring myself to throw an egg at you.

That sounds fun, stan but do eggs hurt? I hit my cousin in the head with a snickers bar from a quicksilver, I think it just pissed him off! :p

10 ft? thats just wrong! Just to elaborate on gettin hit upside the fore head with a snicker bar, my cousin was having a birthday party for his kids! My other cousin owned a 2 seat quick and asked me to tag along and throw hand fulls of candy out for his kids, I agreed! I had a bag of candy in my lap and we took off! after reaching the target we would dip down to maybe 30ft above the tree tops and I would release, we did this maybe 3 times! it wasn't till the next day I heard my cousin had been hit in the forhead with a snickers bar!

Jeff- Do the eggs hurt? I have never been hit! After two Mentone contests with a lot of participants...and one Bensen Days contest last April...

and many many eggs...I am still unscathed.

John Snyder did cluster cluck me at Mentone 2008 in his helicopter. He had one rule.....dont miss him. They gave him a bucket of eggs....30 some....and he hovered over me....and got me....but only from 10 feet.

Stan

Stan, remind me about this contest in a month and I will make sure I fix up something to get you at BD's 2010

Try this again....
Stan, think about getting some shoulder pads along with your helmet, just in case someone does connect. You don't want a bruised shoulder, which could make it uncomfortable to work your collective and cyclic.

Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing stories of your helicycle adventures.

We need to state the rules clearly on this contest. Height, speed, and no shoe throwing! :)

Gabor... no less than 50 feet altitude...and preferably no higher as the eggs have more velocity. That doesnt matter anyway...they will only hit the ground.

No slower than 30 mph. We will have ground observers and will call off any that deviate from this.

No hovering overhead with a helicopter.....like happened at Mentone....I could only imagine what a hover auto would have done to the belly of that Mosquito.....my hard head would have probably buckled the cabin floor.

No dogs, hogs...or eerrhummm clogs.... allowed to be dropped either....:sorry:

Just an egg at a time or a cluster of eggs.....but not a whole freakin carton of eggs like Roy Davis accidently sent my way last year! He won with that drop. That dozen eggs thudded on the ground just 4 ft. from me.

Stan

That was no accident,that was very well planed by Roy and myself.. This year I will win that Shirt... Be prepared to get EGGED :whoo:

Hi Stan,
I just want you to know that it really was accidental letting the whole carton go. I planned to shake it open and let the eggs rain down on you. I was relieved to see that the carton missed you. That could have hurt. It would have been tough explaining to the emergency room doc that you were hit by a carton of eggs falling from the sky. Sure you did!!!

Oh come on guys, where is your engineering prois? how about those bomb racks capable of holding and 18 count egg carton full of eggs, with the ability to drop them one and another during the fly over like a B17 bombing Hamberg. :D

I am not just egging you on and this ain't no yoke. I am gonna scramble you. It wont be over easy for you. Just point your sunny side up and get ready for the shellin. I am a hard boiled competitor so watch out!!...(did i get them all? I even poached a couple from previous posts.)

Last edited:
Joe- Now dont be a cluckhead with me.....:boink:

The yolk will be on all you losers that cant hit me....:boink::D:D:D

Losers or boozers...I dont know what the problem is...:wacko::boink::D

Stan

Stan ,
is there a limit to how many eggs you can drop, release or throw at one time?
Also are you protected in case a stay egg hits you?

Mark- Sorry I took so long to answer....I just now read your post.

I would like to limit the cluster to a dozen eggs........and eerr ummm....Roy, not all coming down at once in a carton!

I am protected by a stubborn hard head...and sunglasses....and I watch the incoming eggs.....if I loose track of the egg or eggs...I turn my face away.

I wont get hit anyway......but you guys and gals can see who can come the closest to getting me. Nice 1st and 2nd place plaques will be handed out at the "eggvention"

I am going to be contacting Phil Rufin about having a bunch of t-shirts pre-made in several sizes with this artwork generated by Gabor.

We are just 2.5 months away....I hope you pilots are getting your bombsights...egg tubes...laser sights...or whatever....and at
least come close enough to splatter my shoes....

Stan

Attachments

• Cluster Cluck.jpg
    Cluster Cluck.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks Stan,
50 feet min alt. 30 mph +ASI and max of 12 eggs at one time.
Is there a max airspeed you would like us to stay under? 50 mph egg flying is going to hurt even if it breaks!

Mark- I would fly close to 30.....so as the trajectory is steeper....

Stan