BENSEN DAYS 2021 is Happening!!!!!

One more successfully “shrunk” pic. Intro to me was “this is a SnoBird”. Too many changes make it a one of a kind to me. I’ll see if I can load some others. Don’t shoot the pic taker.
Beautiful ship. But my brain goofed... for a second it looked like you'd designed a Flintstones canopy for the passenger.

If so, not the first time I’ve misinterpreted a photo.
All flying control surfaces work just fine if properly designed.
If not properly designed, they're awful.
Hey Chuck,
As others pointed out:
Not a full-flying tail, and certainly not a Dom copy...
No need for anti-servo tab.
More info here:
(you can scroll through the gallery pictures below the main image for more info.)
I have sold quite a few for replacements on Dominators with VERY positive reviews

Thanks!
Denis

One more successfully “shrunk” pic. Intro to me was “this is a SnoBird”. Too many changes make it a one of a kind to me. I’ll see if I can load some others. Don’t shoot the pic taker.
Actually is one of the orphans put out by Soma. Copy of a Sport Copter & SnoBird, by Scott Malone. Brooke lengthened what was the short front keel & changed over from the R-503 engine to a 3 cyl. Yamaha 4-stroke powerplant.
Seen w/ my own eyes @ BD in 2014, he is quite good flying it!

Kevin, if you have a contact for Brooke bring this photo to his attention for me please. We discussed this mod for his. It fixes the cantilever action on the pushrods. Thanks

Attachments

• CDF9ED8D-38DB-430C-86AE-AF0A1F6DF0E1.jpeg
    CDF9ED8D-38DB-430C-86AE-AF0A1F6DF0E1.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 44
Dave....I'm very impressed with the JK-2 NANO. I have been doing a lot of research and watched many Youtubes and there could be an order soon. I wanted to see it up close and it was worth the trip to Fla. I have my pilots license and flew fixed wing aircraft but I liked the fact that the NANO meets the ultralight category. The US source will have it at Oshkosh but I won't make it there but I think it will be very popular. It originally had the 38 HP engine but there is now a 50 HP available.

DavePA11, Haven't flown one so........ In my opinion only, for what it's worth. I was pleased to see two there. One the owner talked like he had flown it enough to find out the full flying rudder is a bit "twitchy". I personally like a stationary section. I've flown several full flying tails that you need to pay attention to yaw and keep your feet on the pedals. The pedal action was pretty stiff on the one I "messed" with but I suspect it wants feet-on all the time. Main wheels are spoked. Not really an issued, you just need to have respect for the "ultralight" construction here. Crab that "puppy" when landing and a wheel my give out. I believe this is a good gyro for the fully trained licensed gyro pilot. I don't think a newbie should just jump in and go. Liked the simple instrument pack and very clean construction. Sexy prop if that counts. Would put on a "soft" tailwheel and maybe a slightly bigger one. The one installed looked pretty small and "hard". It's pretty much a "new" rotor design and I like my gyro to have a track record of accident/incident free hours. I am somewhat concerned that the ultralight no license or registration classification will result in no true information on the accident/incident rate. And of course, that old belief that somehow an ultralight is easier to fly and doesn't need as much training, well, that's putting your faith on foolishness'. I think this one wants a "qualified experienced pilot" at the controls. I think I would buy one with the bigger engine. I've flown many "minimal" power gyros and it's nice to have some extra HP if only so you're not at full throttle all the time. Okay, that's all I got from observation, no flight experience here.

Last edited:
Some details

Attachments

• 4A051A77-6B9C-4B16-9DFE-6658F3C54150.jpeg
    4A051A77-6B9C-4B16-9DFE-6658F3C54150.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 70905A8C-D77C-43D0-8160-02E3DB3C9DC2.jpeg
    70905A8C-D77C-43D0-8160-02E3DB3C9DC2.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 25
  • 42EE0CE3-F4DB-4723-91AE-CDE36FAF9883.jpeg
    42EE0CE3-F4DB-4723-91AE-CDE36FAF9883.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 80E478DF-27B4-41F7-B656-9014A7E6D09D.jpeg
    80E478DF-27B4-41F7-B656-9014A7E6D09D.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 28
Full flying rudders work just fine if properly designed with an antiservo tab.
Without the antiservo tab, they’re twichy and try to swap ends: “feet off the pedals.”

Dave.....I agree with the extra HP. With the bigger engine it is just under the ultralight category. If I planned to get one I would want to get some training. Apparently it has some hours on it in Europe. I did notice the prop.....somewhat unique. Apparently the US source....Jeffrey Boyd is waiting for his delivery......and wants to get some flights on his before he takes it to Oshkosh. I will be interested in his impression of the NANO. Apparently Arthur in Wauchula flew it for the first time in Fla. Chris....in Pa.

I will be demonstrating mine at our Spring BarnStormers fly in......
May 14-17
Anson County Airport. KAFP
Wadesboro, NC

Attachments

• 9E906221-1CA3-4F8D-A526-F22239FF0A28.jpeg
    9E906221-1CA3-4F8D-A526-F22239FF0A28.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 4

Attachments

• 29FE989C-6523-419C-909B-DABBD4DBCC7E.jpeg
    29FE989C-6523-419C-909B-DABBD4DBCC7E.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 7
I thought I heard you say you flew it to Fla.? Do you like it's flying characteristics?
No... I did not fly it from NC to Florida.... that was tongue n cheek answer to GyroGerolds comment.
The flight characteristics are like any ultralight.... bouncy and twitchy in wind. I would not suggest one for anyone who’s a beginner. The machine is very nice if used within its design parameters.