BENSEN DAYS 2021 is Happening!!!!!

DavePA11

Chris,

You will love flying gyros if flew taildraggers! Gyros are much simpler than helos without all the transmissions. Get Tyger to fly down and give you a flight in his Magni. I prefer the open gyros since seems fewer accidents than enclosed. The fly outs at the Cub events are a blast. Not sure they would like gyros joining them. I use to run trap at local club, but decided it was to hard on hearing even with ear plugs. Can’t Imagine how loud jet engine would be with after burners on. Sounds like you have a great job. Barnstormers have lots of nice used gyros for sale now too. There is an AR-1 for sale in CA. Dave

Chrisinpa

Chris,

You will love flying gyros if flew taildraggers! Gyros are much simpler than helos without all the transmissions. Get Tyger to fly down and give you a flight in his Magni. I prefer the open gyros since seems fewer accidents than enclosed. The fly outs at the Cub events are a blast. Not sure they would like gyros joining them. I use to run trap at local club, but decided it was to hard on hearing even with ear plugs. Can’t Imagine how loud jet engine would be with after burners on. Sounds like you have a great job. Barnstormers have lots of nice used gyros for sale now too. There is an AR-1 for sale in CA. Dave
Yes....Tyger did mention about the possibility of ending up in my area at some point and I wouldn't pass up that possibility of getting a ride. At this point in my life I am retired but I don't sit around much...always things to do. I did check out the Barnstormers site. I am still attracted to the NANO but all the recommendations I have gotten is to get some training in gyros which is probably a good idea.......so I will explore that before I pull the trigger on something. Chris

Sv.grainne

My wife’s grandfather worked on jet engines for GE. Couldn’t hear anything in his later years. Hope you wore hearing protection... I’ll google OH-58 and the other helicopters you mentioned since not sure what they look like. I’m originally from PA and grandparents lived in York and Reading. You’ll have to go visit the Piper Cub factory in Lockhaven someday and check out the annual flyin there. Lots of great fly outs during the Cub event.

https://www.sentimentaljourneyfly-in.com/

Found a photo of OH-58 - cool!

View attachment 1152398

Dave
I worked on the Avionics package for the Kiowa in 1969 when I was working at the Army Electronic Proving Grounds!