Bensen Days 2013 Tim O'Connor

8624947107_26122e3a09_z_d.jpg

8624946855_9d4969902d_z_d.jpg

Looks like a big crowd and plenty of two seaters, so I probably wasn't too missed. I am planning on going to Mentone though...

You were missed Ron, but we can't make them all. See you at Mentone!

Tim....

Terrific pics....thanks for posting. The orange Parsons...is that Billy's Air Hog ?

Steve

Just to follow up Tim, today as the gang started the tear-down, Rick walked by your oranges and asked outloud" I wonder if there is a dollar in those oranges too" Thanks for the magic, it was fun.

Just to follow up Tim, today as the gang started the tear-down, Rick walked by your oranges and asked outloud" I wonder if there is a dollar in those oranges too" Thanks for the magic, it was fun.

Thanks!

Maybe next year I will be ready with some mentalism!

Last edited:
Are you and automan getting along? Maybe you two can kiss and make up and get him talked into coming to mentone

just read this post for Tim, and ya know, I saw Jonathan around out there and didn't even realize it was him -as is so often the case at these fly-ins ya know... He waved to me from the edge of the flightline as I was taxiing for my first TO, I waved back, but we never hooked up. I feel it's a little too bad that we didn't get a chance to meet now that I know who owns that Air Command with the BiWing HS arrangement.

Oh, well.

Last edited:
I really hope some of the experts chime in on this one......

Although it could be a camera angle issue, the relation of the main wheels to each other make me think that I am looking at a perfectly broadside picture of the gyro.

The amount of cone on these blades really looks very high. I'm a newbie, so I don't know if this is ok or not, but it will be interesting to read the experts opinions on this one.

Out of all you guys and gals that went to Benson Day’s this is all the pictures were going to see on these couple of threads!!!! I think Tim’s camera is spot on and those blades coning that bad is a serious situation and needs to be addressed. Close to 10 deg cone angle that's not good. This is why I use gopro cameras to track belts and all kind of things they just don’t lie. And nice to have a second eye on things.

Blades do a great deal of flexing and coning in flight.

We don't show these to newcommers because it would scare them off ;)

Attachments

• Blade in flight.jpg
    Blade in flight.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Blade in pre-rotation.jpg
    Blade in pre-rotation.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 0
Since that's me steering in those 2 pictures that Tim took I'm kinda interested in this debate. Hopefully it is a normal amount of coning.

Here's a picture of "The Black" I took back in 2011. If this shot had been with the blades at the same angle the coning would probably would be about the same.

Attachments

• P1040596.jpg
    P1040596.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 0
Out of all you guys and gals that went to Benson Day’s this is all the pictures were going to see on these couple of threads!!!! I think Tim’s camera is spot on and those blades coning that bad is a serious situation and needs to be addressed. Close to 10 deg cone angle that's not good. This is why I use gopro cameras to track belts and all kind of things they just don’t lie. And nice to have a second eye on things.

I just posted a few photos on another thread...