bensen b8

flightexpress

flightexpress
Aircraft
phantom ultralight bensen
Total Flight Time
I have a chance to buy a bensen b8 with a McCalluh. I just started to fly gyros and heard alot of good things about them. But I know there are no longer around. I also have a chance to buy a air command...But the bensen is half as much..Can any one tell what I should do. The bensen is in good good shape and I think it was built in the early 80's ...Thanks for all the help

Kurt,

the best thing to do is find a club in your area, or find a member with a Bensen or Air Command, and look at them up close.

Bensen is no longer in business, but the plans are still available. You would have no trouble making replacements parts if needed. Also Ken Brock Manufacturing makes parts that are interchangable (rotor head, blades, etc).

Air Command is in business and all parts are readily available.

R&D Aero still makes and provides parts for the McCulloch engine. They are owned by Red Smith, who also owns Air Command.

Rick Whittridge (who posts on this Forum) also makes and sells parts for the McCulluch and Bensen.

I suppose the choice will come down to individual preference, cost, and availability.