Bastrop flyin

dragonflyerthom

Platinum Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE
Total Flight Time
183FW 132Gyro
Chapter 20 is hosting a flyin the second weekend in October 13-15. I plan on going so I hope to see you there. If you need info call me at my cell phone or text me. Pm me for the numbers. I am on Facebook as Thomas Francis so send me a friend request and I will approve you if I know you.

Just a reminder that this event is a month away.
Most of the action will be on Saturday the 15th.
A gyro glider will be there giving some instruction & rides.

Bastrop is located in the north-east corner of Louisiana, near Monroe.
Its at Morehouse Parish Airport.

I need to decide if I'm flying my gyro or my
Plane. It will depend on the winds and the weather. If the two aren't right I will drive down. But I will be there Saturday for sure.

How many are going to be there? I plan on arriving late Thursday afternoon. Looks like the weather will be nice!

Thanks Tim.
I may have to switch to a different hosting service. Been having trouble with this one trying to double-charge me.

Walt and I will arrive Thurs afternoon with our machines. It will be great flying! Ronnie is coming too - for glider lessons.

I hope you guys have a great time wanted to go. Today was flying and need to check a vibration. Just do not like to fly that far with out things being just right.

Had a great Time in Bastrop! Nice laid back atmosphere, great people, great weather! Thanks to Chap 20 and Chap 6 and everyone involved and all the folks there, I had a great time! Here's a few pic's.

Attachments

• IMG_1511.jpg
    IMG_1511.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1512.jpg
    IMG_1512.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1522.jpg
    IMG_1522.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1523.jpg
    IMG_1523.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1525.jpg
    IMG_1525.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 1
Tim, not sure who they were as they were not part of the fly-in but hangered there or were having it worked on there. They brought it out for a short time and hovered and then put it back up.

My "seized" 503

My "seized" 503

Hello everyone. For all of you who helped me try and figure out what was going on with my 503 missing or potentially seizing, here is the story.

I removed the engine from my gyro and after checking compression (OK), and checking exhaust and intake ports for damage (none), started disassembling the engine.

After removing the rotor from the front end I found that the three bolts that hold the lighting coil to its backing plate had backed out and were rubbing on the inside of the rotor.

I had replaced the lighting coil assembly just before the fly-in because the ac coils had shorted. I had taken the coil and mounting plate from a spare engine and mounted it with its two mounting screws. I did not check the three coil-to-mounting-plate screws because I assumed they were tight.

That made an ASS of me, but at least there was no costly engine damage. In fact I had three spare bolts, so there was no expense, except to my pride.

I still got to fly lots (just never left the safety of the airport), met lots of wonderful friends, and had a great time.

Thanks for all the troubleshooting advice, guys.

You are the best! I'll be back next year.

See you at Bensen Days!
Jim

Jim,
That is great news! Maybe those plugs were not lean after all.
Steve,
Thanks for the pictures, Blaze will love the one, you took of him.
Heres some Gyro Color

Attachments

• Bastrop Nosewheels.jpg
    Bastrop Nosewheels.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Bastrop Rotorheads.jpg
    Bastrop Rotorheads.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1
  • Bsstrop tail shot.jpg
    Bsstrop tail shot.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: