Barnett gyro

I finally will get to see one up close week after next. Our trip to visit family starts next Saturday and I talked with Jerry yesterday. He said we're welcome anytime, just be there when we say we will. I'm ready.

I don't know who you are but i have never burnt anyone including jerry barnett... better get your facts straight sir...

I do have my facts straight Chris, The letter Jerry Barnett sent you was forwarded to me. I have talked to several other people who claim to have had bad dealings with you as well.
I did not post any details and I do not think you would want me too, my reasoning for the post was to warn my friends to deal with you cautiously.
One thing about us in this small community is that we are a very tight and word spreads quickly, treat people good and your golden, treat people wrong and you cut your own throat.

Thanks for the advice. Hope things get straightened out. That is a very nice looking ship. Would hate to see him go out of business.

Hi Mark

Caveat Emptor, buyer beware! (Say Hi to Dick Goddard for me. Hope to see you all soon). Russ

Last edited:
Well after a long wait I'm finally in California waiting tomorrow when we drive up to the Barnett shop. Talked with him yesterday.
So when I get home I hope to be able to post some pictures. He has nothing that can fly at the moment, and with the weather forcast of a huge storm coming down, I probably couldn't anyway. He does have a couple of ships being worked on, J4B2's, one getting a new prerotator, and a 540. So needless to say I'll have a hard time getting to sleep tonight.

Well not exactly since it'll be till next fall when I retire before I have the money. But from what I saw, I was able to assure him that when I'm ready it'll be the 540.
Had a good time with him. He answered every question, explained many things.
Certainly knows his stuff. I liked the hydralic pre-rotator. Says it will do 200 rpm's plus act as a brake to stop the blades after landing. Unfortunatley he had nothing that could fly and from the weather just as well. Did get to see the first 540 and the yellow one that's back in the begining of this thread. Plus frames all over for J4B2's and J4B's. Well till I can put the money down, that's it. Hoping that will be sooner than next fall.

I would like to study as much as possible but, if limited just airframe to see how the wielding will be. I can’t find it now but in another thread someone said they got them as a email? Thanks skypuppy

Not much in the way of pictures, since we have the yellow one on this thread and his was tucked in the hangar. Not much space in there. When I get a moment I'll try and post a couple.

Ok their not sized properly so can I try to email them to someone who can do it. There's only 3 worth sending.