Bad news on transition training

Sv.grainne

Thought I had worked through my issues moving through 2 place training and transition to single place. CFI who I had lined up backed out today so here we go again. Friends in the area are going to help so will see how this plays out over the next 6 months or so.

Comments appreciated.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Sorry to hear that Bobby.

Life always keeps a few of these dips just to keep life interesting. Hope you can sort that out without too much agro.

Doubt you’ll have much trouble transitioning, be lighter on the controls, more responsive, and you’ll probably be lower to the ground when landing.

Sv.grainne

Think I've worked out a solution. Will post details once I'm further along. Have a friend near here who owns/flys 3 gyros who is going to help. Another friend is going to help as he has done the transition and my current CFI is willing to look at the solution!

Bobby

thomasant

Aircraft
AR1, Aviomania Genesis Sport
Thought I had worked through my issues moving through 2 place training and transition to single place. CFI who I had lined up backed out today so here we go again. Friends in the area are going to help so will see how this plays out over the next 6 months or so.

Comments appreciated.

I gave the matter much thought and made the decision that I am not the right person to transition you because my experience in flying light singles is very limited, and I must confess that I do not have the expertise to test fly anyone else's gyro and risk balling it up. It happens.

Several years ago, I test flew a newly built tandem Dominator for a friend, and because I was unfamiliar with the machine, I ended up hitting the rotors on the tail and scoring/gouging them during take off. That cost me $2500 to replace his Dragon Wings. I had posted it on this forum.

I know of another CFI that signed off a student that had trained with another CFI, to Solo his Dominator single place, and the student crashed fatally. The CFI that signed off the solo was on remedial training for a year with FAA from what I heard.

I would do it for a student that I train from the start, and watch the build process closely with other club members here at Anahuac.

Best person to transition you is the CFI that trains you now, as he/she knows all about your performance.

I sincerely wish you all the best in your build.