Bad news,for me

any landing you walk away from and can talk about later is good enough for me glad you are still here. I always like pictures of any build. Look forward not back. brian

There is a new set of older 25' Sport Copter Rotors on the PRA73 web site... under "new news"
Im not sure what size you need...
Brad

Bud, I run 2 fuel pumps on my 82, both on at the same time, if one quits, I still have the other, 3 pounds with one on, 4 pounds with both on, if pressure drops I still have one to get me to a safe landing, I can see the 1 pound drop on my pressure guage, I don't have any spare parts, but if I can help in any other way (and that includes money), I will be glad to.

James Lee TN

Thanks James,
What brand of fuel pumps do you run? Where did you mount your fuel pressure guage?

Hi Bud
Sorry to read about your misfortune, wrecking your gyro!that has happened to me several times, as you have been there most of them, a.k.a Immokolee when you and Ora had to pull the staples out of the fence posts to rescue me and Sandy, anyway glad to see that you are still at it. Don't quit .some day I will get legal and get and back to the flyins.

Thanks Jim. I would love to see you and Sandy again. I'll bet that the twins arn'nt anything like they were when I last saw them. That was when they enlisted in the USMC.
Come to Bensen Days 2010 and we can shoot the breeze like old times.

sorry about the loss of your machine,glad to hear you are ok bud.on a somewhat related matter;i had an engine out last friday upon my return to airport manatee with my 3drv.i was intending a low pass(50') over the runway.when i backed off the throttle,one cylinder quit."never done that before".lowered nose,got ready to land,but look,a nice strong barbed wire fence.stretched the glide,landed a little hard,no problem.what i did not know is that the down tube with u-bracket had ripped through the bolt.the machine fell to the right,destroying a 20 year old pair or rotordynes...crap.i am without injury but will be needing a 23' set of blades.the engine had stalled before it tipped over,warp drive still good!!!!!!.the tall tail also got th wrath of the blades.i live 10 miles from lithia,florida,where would i possibly find a set of rotorblades?...rob.

by the way,for ernie b,it was me that stopped by and started your mom's lawnmower for her.rob

It's Said

It's Said

That a Pre Rotator gear cannott slow the rotors enuff to be dangerous in a gyro..

B.S...... I've been there and done that.. needless to say,,,
You alive and well Brother and the machine will be rebuilt..
No second guessing it.. The Bird Bit the Dust so you could fly again..

Some folks listen,,, Some Don't..
When you SPEAK... Eva Body NEEDS To Listen...

Glad to hear your ok Bud...

Thank you Steve,Input is what I was looking for. This is the second time,that I know of that the prerotor has stuck in the up position.The first was knocked loose when the round tube was going so fast that it slung itsself againest the mast. It was thin wall tube inside a thin wall tube. The scar is still on the mast

no problem mike,glad to help.i was there to see dave next door and to look into some blades.i learned that your dad had an operation,hope he's feeling better.rob

Bud, I really don't know the brand, I will look on the pumps and see if there is any thing on them, I just walked into the parts house and looked at all they had, and chose these. My guage is in my instrument panel, the "read point" is right before it goes into the carb. I have a very thin "capallary" type copper tubing to connect the point to the guage, that way I am reading actual pressure and not an electrical signal, have my oil pressure set up that way also.

James Lee TN