Back after a long Break

tonyutset

Wrench
Aircraft
MTO Sport, Beechcraft Sundowner / Flightstar II Ultralight / Air Command Commander, soon to be CLT.
Total Flight Time
500 Plus Fixed-Wing, 50 Plus Helicopter (EC-120 / Bell-47) 20 or so Gyrocopter
After a long hiatus from Gyrocopter’s, I am happy to say I am back.

Shortly after completing a tour in the Marines in the early 80’s, I built a Subaru powered Bensen frame gyro. Took lessons in Flagler Beach with Bill Parsons (may he rest in peace), and flew the gyro for one summer before selling it to pursue family life.

Over the years I continued to fly, mostly fixed wing aircraft, both GA and ultralight. Last week I had the opportunity to purchase a 503 powered Air Command Commander in an estate sale. Hanger kept, very clean with all log books (less than 10 hours on the recently replaced 503) and some nice mods to the Air Command. Photos to follow.

Looking forward to taking a few lessons to get the feel back; then it’s back up into the wild blue yonder. I am also looking forward to networking with the Central Florida Gyro-heads, I have a weekend place at River Acres (FD-70), a grass roots fly-in community located directly north of Lake Okeechobee; any gyro-heads in the area, please feel free to stop in.

tony, welcome back. pm me your contact info and ill stop by some time. you are right along my usual route. come on over benson days 3rd to the 7th next month. :welcome:

ps i like your avatar! arrr

Last edited:
pick up this book for a good gyro review.
img321xl.jpg

Turbo, I plan on flying into Bensen Days on Friday in my buddy's Bell-47 helicopter, because the gyro isn't ready. Look forward to meeting you there.

Hey Tony,

You can always come and hangar with us at Wauchula for a while, while you get your "feel" back. Looking forward to meeting you at Bensen Days.

- Rick

941 812-7182

Rick,

Thank you, I may take you up on that offer, taxing in the grass is a little rough.

I was getting a little flying time in at Zephyrhills Airport, couple of guys up there that are very helpful in getting a gyro pilots reoriented.

I had heard that there was someone with a two place at Wauchula a while back, but it was my understanding the gyro was down foe engine problems; I never heard if they got it back up in the air.

If you have any info on that please send me a PM

Z-hills

Z-hills

Hi Darren,

Do you know anyone at the Nestle Water Plant in Z-hills. I have been in the water treatment business for 34 years and would love to finish my last fifteen years of working by relocating to Florida and flying gyros in your neck of the woods. I can send you a resume if you can get it to someone or if any of the other folks you fly with can help. I don't want to get lost in the other 10 million resumes submitted on line. I currently work for Siemens Water Technologies in the Raleigh/Durham area and we provide equipment for several drink and water bottlers in the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any help is much appreciated

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks Darren, I am sure you will give it a good effort!!! Talk to all the guys in the club, the best way is usually through contacts.

Tony,
It was good to see you again after all those years! Hope to see you again Bensen Days 2014.
Bud O Neal