Awash with Spam

This is my ignore list so far. It's only a partial list because even zoomed out to max I couldn't fit the whole list on the screen.

Does this new Forum send an automatic email with a link to click on for new accounts? I imagine it would be more difficult for a spammer to have to set up a new email account for every post. Then again there would have to be a 1-email address per user rule.

Attachments

• ignore-list-partial.JPG
    ignore-list-partial.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 8
I concur regarding all the commercial garbage being posted. But I must admit the notion of being "awash with spam" makes me picture drowning in meat by-products.

Exactly, spam spam spam real message and spam

Has P J Kelsey decided to invade this site now no-one listens to him on others I wonder :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I set the new user registrations to Manual Approval.
I am looking into how to set up a Verified User Category after reviewing their initial posts.

Be patient, both Todd & I have multiple real-world jobs to keep us busy.

At the end of the day, its pretty easy to spot the bullshit threads, when you log in and click on new posts. Just scroll past them, don't open them, and for sure don't click on any links that might be in their posts. Life goes on, your not being hurt, its just a few extra threads you have to scroll past to see the good stuff.

Its nice when that stuff is kept out of here, but it isn't really a big deal.

Now if these spammers were opening existing threads and using replies to insert their garbage, then that would for sure be more of a problem. So far that rarely happens