Award Winning Gyrobee

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon, OutBack Tango, Ryan PT 22, JetGyro, Jet Provost, Champ, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
Ok, Ok...it's time to say good bye!

Award winning Gyrobee (Bensen Days 2004) for sale!

TTAF 77 (but I fly it weekly)
Rotax 503 dc/di 2.58:1 B Box
Electric pre-rotator
custom seat
6 gallons fuel
60" 2-blade warp drive prop
AS,CHT/EGT,Tach/Hr meter
Essex custom smoke system

Great flying machine! No bad habits at all!

Flown frequently by Ron (he wish he had a Bee) Awad
and John (the Screw) Stevens.

$4000. firm (I will deliver up to 300 miles)

note: this gyro will be sold with the 2 blade, 60" warp drive prop and without rotors. (saving the sport copters for the Dominator)

I can e-mail photos if you're interrested.
[email protected]

Ron, do you have any photos you can post?

Thanks,

BarryK

It is a good deal, for someone who wants a starter gyro. I might have a pic or two... let me see

first two are older pictures, taken the day Barry ran it out of gas and landed in a horse pasture. The last one is the way the gyro looks now

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Lake Norman fly-in 2005 029.jpg
    Lake Norman fly-in 2005 029.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Mountain trip and flying pics 080.jpg
    Mountain trip and flying pics 080.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 0
ultracruiser41 said:
TTAF 77 (but I fly it weekly)
Rotax 503 dc/di 2.58:1 B Box
Electric pre-rotator
custom seat
6 gallons fuel
60" 2-blade warp drive prop
AS,CHT/EGT,Tach/Hr meter
Essex custom smoke system

$4000. firm (I will deliver up to 300 miles)

note: this gyro will be sold with the 2 blade, 60" warp drive prop and without rotors. (saving the sport copters for the Dominator)
Hi Barry. Just sent you an email. What size rotor blades does it need and where can I get them? Also, you mentioned a 300 mile delivery range. We're about 480 miles apart. Want to meet in the middle somewhere?

Thanks, =Ed=

dragonflyerthom said:
Ed, It looks like you are going to get a great deal. Good luck. Thom
Thanks. I've been dying to own and fly a Bee! Assuming I can quickly get a set of rotor blades for it, I'll fly it at the EAA MERFI (Mid East Reional Fly In) show in Marion, OH, next month!

It needs 23 to 24 foot blades Ed. Dragon Wings or Sportcopter blades would be best. Dragon Wings can be ordered from Ernie right here on the forum, and he most likely has a set ready to be shipped right away. Sportcopter blades may take longer to get and will cost a few hundred dollars more.

Why not drive all the way here to get it and spend a day hanging out at Goose Creek? You can see my gyro - again - Barrys new gyro he is building, see the gyrobee fly before you buy it, and maybe get to meet Kenny J and see his J-2 gyro. You are welcome to stay over at my place overnight

Ernie sells dragon wings, they work really sweet, about $1500 will get you a new set. I am not sure about the sportcopters. Maybe one of the guys in Cincinati has a spare set laying around.
Just don't get cheap blades, The good blades will have alot better performance and will make flying more fun.

GyroRon said:
It needs 23 to 24 foot blades Ed. Dragon Wings or Sportcopter blades would be best. Dragon Wings can be ordered from Ernie right here on the forum, and he most likely has a set ready to be shipped right away. Sportcopter blades may take longer to get and will cost a few hundred dollars more.

Why not drive all the way here to get it and spend a day hanging out at Goose Creek? You can see my gyro - again - Barrys new gyro he is building, see the gyrobee fly before you buy it, and maybe get to meet Kenny J and see his J-2 gyro. You are welcome to stay over at my place overnight
Wow. That's a great offer. Next weekend, right? You're on. Just tell me how to get there and I'll be there bright-eyed and bushy-tailed! :rolleyes: I'll drive my old gas-guzzling van and drag the 6x12 trailer behind it.

Regarding the rotor blades, how do I contact Ernie? Might as well get them ordered right away too.

Man, this is working out great! =Ed=

Ed,

When you get looking for blades, get a 24-foot set.

Ralph

Ron

You be nice to him. He is as happy as I am. I got my motor running, My registration which is not transferable so it will stay with my Gyro. Now I have to get the airworthyness certificate.

Thom

I'm gonna miss my baby!:(

Ralph designed a great, fun machine and I have been nothing but happy with it!:D
(even Ronald likes it!):eek: (and he doesn't like anything!);)

Barry (Dominating) K

Hello Ed.

Thats a great deal. Good for you.

Very nice looking gyro. Enjoy your trip, have fun and drive carefully.

Keep us posted. Best wishes.
Rehan

me like too

me like too

Hey ed, looks like nice ship. I E-mailed Barry to try to get in secondary position just in case you do not buy , for whatever reason, Just in case. I am looking for a nice starter gyro.

Good Deal !

Good Deal !

Wow Barry, that went quick. I am impressed.

I have seen this gyro fly, barry is a good pilot and mastered the gyrobee curve from fw flying very nicely.

I was very impressed the few times we flew the 30 miles as a group over to anson from g.c. That gyro really flew fast for what it is. It is not dom, but you cannot beat the $$ with a stick...

Jonathan

GyroRon said:
Is there a link for "Ernie" that I can get too to see what's being offered? I don't know Ernie personally. Thanks for your help! =Ed= Whoops. Just saw previous message. Sorry, I've got my head stuck somewhere else this morning! =Ed=

Screw-In

Go to the link in my post #18. Or here:

http://www.rotorflightdynamicsinc.com/contact.html

In the upper left corner, choose "INFORMATION." Then choose "PRICELIST." You'll find all the pricesn for differant size blades.

Just navigate through his site. Ernie has some good info there.

Screw-Out