Aviomania's Agrinio Antics

That's the way I think about it. People have also picked on Ron Awad about his flying. Just let the man fly.

Thanks Chuck! I agree.... let folks go have some fun. If they are clearly not up to the task, Then say something. You should be able to tell if a pilot knows what he is doing or not, And the pilot in this video is doing a great job.

Wow, what a pilot!!! And can she handle or what!!!

I truly beleive the Genesis is the lightest, most stable, open frame, modern gyroplane on the market today.

That it is going to cost me $8,000.00 to $10,000.00 less than the others I selected during my search is just a bonus!!

I cannot wait until they are flying at US fly-ins, SOON!

Thanks for sharing:
YouTube - Aviomania Airshow Agrinio Greece Gyrocopter
How much will one just like in the video cost?

Ron- You can find out the prices on their website. It is in my opinion a very high quality an stable, and an
attractive gyro that truly performs, and is thousands of dollars cheaper. Nicolas is giving me the privilege of evaluating the Genesis in a kit form. It until now has been fully built. I am being asked to evaluate the kit as I build it, and provide my inputs for any changes that I think would make the kit easier to build. Nicolas has done a marvelous job with this Genesis, and I feel it is going to really be a hot seller here in the states. Chuck Beaty made some nice supportive
comme
nts on the engineering behind the Genesis, and I have a good feeling this new venture will workout. John Rountree made an excellent choice going with Nicolas, and just the last couple of months has shown this Genesis is even nicer than we thought. Nothing like getting one over here, assemble it, and fly it for myself. Its too bad Ron that I won't be able to demonstrate its full capabilities like you or Nicolas can. I just am not into nothing more than a steep bank once in awhile. I am forever a hover lover. Stan

Last edited:
first the rotor speed drops very low. i see 270- 290 RRPM in that maneuver. During early test with the genesis i have recovered it from 220 RRPm with the stick shaking like crazy. Now imagine if the engine quits. lowering the nose will reduce the RRPM further.

That is were the effective rudder of the Genesis will come into play and will give you a chance of landing it... heavy but you have the Chance.

Looks like your getn a handle on it now Nik. ;)
Neat flic. :)

Just remember, wen the rrpm drops this low, they are very slow in cyclic responce, so be sure your not feedn cyclic into it wen that tail wips the nose round.
Cyclic stall gets noisey.

By the way, Nicolas says there is no reason he could not put a 912 on one, just no-one has ordered one yet.

I'd like to see that!

my rpms stay low with a big rotor and 40hp! my cyclic response stays slow! flying my bee like birdy would be like doing snap rolls in a cessna 150! :rolleyes:

Just remember, wen the rrpm drops this low, they are very slow in cyclic responce, so be sure your not feedn cyclic into it wen that tail wips the nose round.
Cyclic stall gets noisey.[/QUOTE]

How much will one just like in the video cost?
Hi Ron and to all a Merry Christmas!!!

Just a note, my first flight in a gyroplane was with Ron! He showed me the flight envelope that day and I was hooked for life!
You-Rock as a person and friend and are a great ambassador for our sport! Thank you Ron!!!!!

All of these prices included everything you need to build it as seen in the video including Prerotator, Engine & Flight Instruments, Prop, Undercarriage, 24' Rotor Blades, Metals, All Glass Fiber parts ( nose pod, seat, Kevlar fuel tank vertical & horizontal stabilizers, ruder, wheel pants), Hardware, Rotor Head, Controls, Engine (Rotax 503), Wind Screen, Ruder Cables.

All you have to buy is a battery, assemble, and paint her and you are done.

The Base price for the above with a 503 is only $19,448.00.

The video show at least 2 upgrades to this price and not sure if it’s a ‘C’ or an ‘E’ gearbox so I’ll list both the ‘C’ and the ‘E’ separately for you.
1) + $204.00 G1sa "Genesis" 4130 steel Nose Wheel
2) + 544.00 Low drag main landing gear upgrade, 4130 steel landing gear with suspension

So assuming I have done the math correctly and adding the landing gear upgrades above to a 503 as seen in the video would cost:

503 with a ‘C’ Gearbox = $20,808.00

503 with an ‘E’ Gearbox = $21,448.00

===
A brand new 582 as seen would cost:

582 with a ‘C’ Gearbox = $22,756.00

582 with an ‘E’ Gearbox = $23,216.00

===
A brand new 912 as seen would cost:

912 with a ‘C’ Gearbox = $39,698.00

912 with an ‘E’ Gearbox = $40,188.00

We were also the first to offer Sub-Kits so you can pay as you build. For only $2,584.00 (1,900.00 Euros) you can buy a G1 series Fractional / Sub-Kit and start building. This is as close to having payments that we can get without bank financing.

* The first sub kits contains 80% of the metal frame.

PS:
I have at least 8 PM's but it is Christmas and being with family, I'll answer them tomorrow, sorry!

Last edited:
Thanks for the US$ break down John. The 582 upgrade at that price is a no-brainer IMO. I think the 582 is a super choice for performance and versatility in altitude and pilot weight. 912 would be bragging rights. I wonder what STOL looks like with the 582. Can we get some vids showing STOL in 582 or at least the 503 since SC is pushing this capability with the 912?

Nicolas, what are the options available to add more fuel capacity? Has this been explored by you and your team? What would the addition of a seat tank do considering your tests on CoG and W&B? Thanks.

willisbr

Hope I'm not speaking out of place but If I remember correctly the UK does not allow "gas in the cockpit" (seat tank) if this is correct then it would have to be a non-European option ??

Tony

I'm with you Brian for only + $1,651.00 you get a 582 engine upgrade, bigger prop & water temperature gauge.

And Nicolas has two aux medal clip-on fuel tanks you can add, ...can't remember the price or gallons.

Ah that would be nice to look at. I like the seat design as-is because it seams to be inclined and comfy. An older post back in October from Nic says they are working on a 10.5 gal. Hmm?

Last edited:
I have no time today to answer all the posts i need to answer but i will give some info and maybe corrections to John's post.
the rest of the post i will answer later.

As John mentioned the standard 503 kit is about $19000. ( with todays rate.. some commission and transfer charges will apply depending on your bank)

a 582 upgrade is 1700 PLUS radiator, fittings, hoses and mounts!!!! you can choose a rotax or a commercial. Prices are $800 for commercial or $1200-1500 for complete rotax options.

The above price includes B box which is suitable with the light Ukrainian props we supply and is included. If you will be using a warpdrive then a C box is needed. E box is good for warpdrives plus it has a starter.

recommended upgrades for 582 are:

4130 main & nose landing gear (400+ 150 Euros) $720.
Mechanical prerotator UPGRADE (250 Euros) $330

another option for a mechanical prerotator will be Tom's. Until Aviomania USA is ready with stocked spare parts, using Tom's prerotators means that spare parts are in USA.... this will be the customers choice.

the only things you need to add in our kits are: Tools, paint, battery, electric installation.

US$ prices are on todays rate ( and it looks good).

Happy holidays to everyone.

Good video, worth downloading and certainly demonstrates the flight envelope of the gyro.
Paul, I thought something was missing in the translation, thanks for clarifying it.
John, What do you mean by 1st to offer sub kits?

standard fuel tank is 28 liters (7.4 US gallons). An other 34 liters is available and will be the standard on 2011 (9 US gallons.)

2 external tanks that are mounted ether side of the frame ( at CG position) can increase the fuel capacity with 7 more US gallons. They are easily removable.

I truly beleive the Genesis is the lightest, most stable, open frame, modern gyroplane on the market today.

That it is going to cost me $8,000.00 to $10,000.00 less than the others I selected during my search is just a bonus!!

Hi John.
I think the Genesis is a super gyroplane and would love to see a few flown over here. I'm just wondering what gyros you compared to it to get the 8k to 10K figure?

The Monarch butterfly comes in around $19K with a 582 the ultralight Butterfly is around $15K with a 503.
The Sportcopter works out around $21K with a 503
I'm not sure what a Ultrawhite Dominator is, I think its around 10,500-11K for a machine less engine prop and instruments.

Paddy

Paddy,

If you add full instruments (including ASI, ALT, VSI, rotor rpm, fuel gage, dual EGT and CHT gages AND SENDERS,( or water temp and sender for 582), RPM gage, hour meter ) voltage regulator, pod, wheel pants, the deference is price of the Ukrainian hot prop as well as the huge airfoil tail, mechanical prerotator..... none of the above are cheaper.

and you have listed the ultralight options !!! and if you add what the kits do not include price will be higher than the ones you listed.... the Genesis is a fully grown ship... not an ultralight!!!!

Dominator could be cheaper.... but then again.... our ultralight when released will be cheaper than the Genesis Standard.

all are fine ships so its up to the customer to chose. pricewise... if you compare what you get we are competitive.... but as i said before.... prices might go up.

Most probably John used the Vortex as a comparison ( i think this was his initial choice)... if you add all part that are missing.... and it is a closer comparison with the Genesis.)

Last edited:
Thanks for answering Nicolas, Just trying to add things up in my head. I have no commercial interest in any of the gyros.
Apart from the butterfly ultralight, none of the machines that i have mention make the ultralight weight.

Just the 8-10K difference looked a bit steep to me.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your ultralight gyro.

Paddy

Thanks for posting some pricing info, but to be honest, it still leaves me a bit confused.

What I'd like to see is a base price for everything needed to fly. Then a exact price breakdown for all upgrades and what they consist of.

Questions I have are......... what is this upgrade with the nose gear all about?

With the 582 engine upgrade, are you saying the upgrade does or does not include the radiator and plumbing and additional instrumentation? If the price does not include that stuff, seems to me it would be better to list the price with these items than without.

Main gear upgrade, does this mean the base model gyro comes with non steamlined tubing and no suspension? Guess what I am asking is what does the base model come with, round or square tubing and no suspension, or does it still have suspension but non aerodynamic tubing?

Will the kit include EVERYTHING a builder needs? In other words, if I order a kit and take delivery of it.... once I open my box and start to inventory the stuff, what will I need to still buy to have a finished ship? Wiring for instruments??? Any Hardware??? Throttle cables or Quadrants??? Padding for the seat??? Anything???

Will the tubing and fiberglass parts come painted, powder coated, polished ????

Are the prices listed the price of the kit shippped to my front door, or is this the price before shipping from Cyprus ? If so, how much does shipping add to the price?

And not that many people will drive to Oregon to pick up a Sportcopter kit to save on shipping, it is possible. So if there is still shipping costs to factor in, will customers have a option of picking up their kit locally from say John or Stan to be able to avoid shipping fees?

Speaking of shipping, I have always believed that if you really look at the bulk of the gyros in various parts of the country, there tends to be a trend of alot of the " Local " machines will be of the make of the closest kit maker, or what the " local " CFI tends to endorse. Example, in Florida and the southeast, there is tons of Dominators. In the Northwest there are tons of Sportcopters. In Texas there are alot of aircommands and Butterflys....

Do these prices include any import taxes and duties? Do they include sales commissions? Crating fees?

Will the engines be shipped over from Europe with the kit, or will the engine be sent from a US distributor like Lockwood?

What kind of hareware is used in these machines? American AN hardware or American " Grade 8 " or some type of euro hardware?

Asking alot of questions just so people will be more informed. Pricing as listed so far seems to be inline with most kits on the market. Johns 8-10 grand less statement I also believe is in comparison to the Sportcopter kit. Having seen the sportcopter kit in person and not one of these Genesis machines, I can not say there is a comparison or not.... I do know the sportcopter have a large enclosure, and the kit is first class from tip to tip.... powder coated airframe, all aluminum parts are anodized or coated in one form or another, all hardware and materials are top quality, and there is alot of machined parts connecting things to each other on a sportcopter where lesser kits would just have two tubes bolted together. I would say Sportcopter is the highest quality kit on the market here in America, and yes the price is higher than other kits.