Aviomania's Agrinio Antics

I would like to see Nicolas flying the tandem so I can see what it is capable of doing.
I would not fly that way I am a devout cowered. But I love to see others and there skills.

(Hi Giorgos)

To be honest I was a bit nervous seeing that Nicos makes some low altitude maneuvers straight to the trees ahead which would make emergency difficulter in case of engine stop. All in all not the best habit. Commonly low alt drive should be better planned so that you always have good space to immediately turn into wind and land.

Alex
Actually I agree and I am happy that you mention this. All kind of “aerobatics” are forbidden in a gyro.
If you could see the previous video witch was taken day before this one, then you will really get crazy. Imagine this was the smooth version show.
Yes I agree with you that some margin of safety is needed. Ninety degrees bank turns at few ft above ground is also NO NO.
I don’t know how far the trees were, ‘sometimes by zooming some objects on the far background appear much closer than in reality. This only Nic can answer. I talked to him this morning regarding BSPC and it seems that with few miles airspeed and by adding power the gyro will not settle down but gains altitude.
Again DON”T TRY THIS AT HOME
and this is NOT FOR EXPERTS EITHER
You need to have a gyro that can forgive.

Last edited:
Some things to remember!!!!

The trees are not so close as they seam ( they are close but not THAT close)

there was no significant wind so i could land at any time on the runway OR the flat field... it could lead to a damaged gyro...

The "Genesis" even with engine completely off can turn on a dime.. the rudder authority is so much that i do not worry. Also.... with the 582 and the weight of the gyro there is no "behind the power curve". You can notice this on the video when i am flying slow that after the tail wag the gyro just climbs away. The landing shows that a 180 degrees sharp turn can lead to a safe landing... even with out power.

some maneuvers could lead to a damaged gyro if the engine was quiting at exactly the wrong moment.

and that Day my job was " display pilot". pilots like Sean Tacker, Svetlana Kapanina, Curbi Chamblis, Peter Besenif.. etc .. ( not that i compare my self with them) could damage there aircraft if they had an Engine failure at the wrong moment also.

Through out the flight i had my emergency spots ( 3 actually) that i was going to aim for.

Performance of the Gyro and engine that day was GREAT!!! dew to atmospheric conditions.

All in all..... Do not try this at home!!!! and its part of my Job and i am trying to have some margin.

All words of cation are considered, thank you, and i will always try to incorporate safety and listen to comments!!

I have to admit being overwhelmed by a wave of "Genesitis" and have just ordered mine.

Dino

Dino Yours will start getting shape Early Jannuary.... AND..... It is the first one that will be RED !!!!!!

I also know you will enjoy it. Your flying with all the other Genesis you have flown shows that you have already became one with it..... I thing i will have a permanent Display pilot in Greece

Guys Thank you!

John.... I do not encourage this kind of flying with the 2 seat..... Not that it cannot make them... but there will be people that will try them with some one else on board!!!

Hello Nicolas

Very impressive flying keep it up.

Great way to promote the aviomania.

Best wishes an happy holidays.
Rehan

...Also.... with the 582 and the weight of the gyro there is no "behind the power curve". You can notice this on the video when i am flying slow that after the tail wag the gyro just climbs away...

Nicholas,

I loved the video! I only want to point out the correct meaning of this term to save you from an inadvertent misuse in an advertisement someday.

"Behind the power curve" means you're flying below the speed at which minimum power is required to fly. That probably is about 40 MPH (65 kph) for your machine. It doesn't mean it wont fly, it simply means that any additional slowing would require the addition of more power.

If you're using nearly full power at very low airspeed, you are definitely behind the power curve, in a big way. And, doing it very well, I might add! I can't wait to see your machines start showing up here. This is as close as anything I've seen to what could be done with a really light Bensen with 90 HP and a skilled pilot.

Nice video..... first time i see myself flying like that..... you know...... actually i lost control ( that is why the gyro was going round and round).... i manage to regain control at 4:00

I was lucky that the "Genesis Solo" is a forgiving aircraft.

What Fun ! very nice !!

Mark

Nicolas- I can see a HUGE potential for that gyro over here. Its definitely stylish and a performer, and the price is very reasonable. Besides putting the build thread here, I am going to put it on our new website, our e-zine magazine, Powered Sport flying magazine, and I will try to get an article in KitPlanes. I would like to see the Genesis be a major player on this side of the Atlantic. Are you set up to handle a bunch of sales should this gyro sell like I think it will? Stan

Nicolas- I can see a HUGE potential for that gyro over here. Its definitely stylish and a performer, and the price is very reasonable. Besides putting the build thread here, I am going to put it on our new website, our e-zine magazine, Powered Sport flying magazine, and I will try to get an article in KitPlanes. I would like to see the Genesis be a major player on this side of the Atlantic. Are you set up to handle a bunch of sales should this gyro sell like I think it will? Stan
Thank you Stan!!!
I've been PM'ed and ask for you to video tape the build process, for others to follow?

PS:
@Leigh
Thank you for putting me on the Genesis road!!!
@Mark
I'm with you Mark, that cracked me up, out of control my A$$!

Last edited:
John- I am getting more phone calls. This latest guy was directed to you. His comments were, the styling is nice, this latest video just sold him, and he can't get over the low price it has. This country is wide open for a 'new beginning', the Genesis. Stan

I know my phone is ringing off the hook, this video really shows what the pros like you, and Leigh and I already saw in her. For a full sized gyro she handles like a Bensen!!!
Thank you Stan!!!

Nicholas,
"Behind the power curve" means you're flying below the speed at which minimum power is required to fly. That probably is about 40 MPH (65 kph) for your machine. It doesn't mean it wont fly, it simply means that any additional slowing would require the addition of more power.

PW_Plack,
Your theory is correct and if you read any aer. book this is what it says...but,
there is a very big "but" which I will explain later.
It simply means allowing the airspeed to get so slow that the engine can't maintain alt. even at full throttle, right?
I know there will be many who will say there are no buts here...and they are not wrong either.

Nicholas,

I loved the video! I only want to point out the correct meaning of this term to save you from an inadvertent misuse in an advertisement someday.

If you're using nearly full power at very low airspeed, you are definitely behind the power curve, in a big way. And, doing it very well, I might add! I can't wait to see your machines start showing up here. This is as close as anything I've seen to what could be done with a really light Bensen with 90 HP and a skilled pilot.

OK let me rephrase it!!!!

with that combination the Genesis has no problem flying behind the power curve add power and it will climb. With our 503 engined Genesis you can not do that.... raise the nose more and you sink even at full power.

The use of that phrase in my previous post was not intended to specify the exact meaning but it was supposed to be a few words description of the fact that the specific Gyro has a lot of reserved power to accelerate from a deep behind the power curve situation..... i hope that this came out right!!!!!

I will try to use proper English phrases in the future :)

Also this Gyro will not tail slide or fly back wards on a vertical descent like other short coupled gyros... even with engine off.. it will just weathercock in the direction of travel.. which means valuable seconds saved in reaction time.

John, Stan,

If need be we will train more people to prepare kits. We are looking into having some parts made from other vendors to increase our production.

Kits are easier to prepare than fully built. We will also try to keep our prices as low as possible. everything though increase so i do not know how long it will take for us to be forced to increase our prices.

Nicolas- With that last video, the capabilities of the Genesis are so well shown when in the hands of a skilled pilot. I do not desire to fly like that except 90 degree banks, but knowing what it can do is way more than I will ever ask it to do. This Genesis of yours, if promoted correctly and aggressively, in my opinion will keep you busy shipping across the Atlantic. I am honored to be the first over here to get my hands on one. You should know that if I am passionate about it, I will promote even more that what I have planned now. I am looking forward to next Christmas already, as I see several flying by then over here in the states. Stan

Last edited:
Thanks Stan... I appreciate your passion.

I promice... your suggestions and observations on the kit will be highly considered and thought through.

It is important to understand that many lesser gyos would not have survived the maneuvers demonstrated by Nicolas on his Genesis and would have ended up in the bottom of smoking holes. Particularly full power climbs followed by a pushover.

That’s the advantage of a technically correct, properly engineered design.

CLT is only the beginning. Horizontal tailplanes set in the propeller slipstream with differential incidence to balance propeller torque prevent “torqueover” during periods at full power with reduced rotor thrust and low airspeed.

Those design features that contribute to safety also provide superior handling qualities.

It’s about time we had engineered designs rather by-guess-and-by-gosh scaled up Bensens.