Aviomania G1sB Genesis CE

Bobby that is awesome you got your package intact! Have you found that you were needing to adjust the pressure differences to your disk brakes or was this to help with turning?

Apologies for the naive questions just curious in case I should start hunting one down :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for sharing your photos!

Thank you John!

Bobby that is really interesting about your experience with the Ohio Forward Air. Mine almost ended up in a similar situation of getting shipped all over the US. I was calling them daily -- to their annoyance -- and it paid off as they broke my shipment up into 3 different pieces and 2 of them were going to a different port than DFW. According to the shipping rep I saved a few weeks time because of catching that. 🙄

I am really curious how the Genesis 2 seater is to fly and what kind of roll torque control it has. I see Nicolas has a new Exodus model coming out and in a year or two once I have enough hours I intend to upgrade to a 2 seater.
Hi. I have 40 hours on the Genesis 2 seater. I have never flown any other gyro so I cannot compare but this is what I'm experiencing when I fly the G2. I can confirm that there is no engine roll, pitch or yaw coupling on the aircraft. It is very responsive, forgiving and easy to fly.

Hello Christos, thank you for providing that feedback! I have actually watched quite a few of your YouTube videos. They were a big help in getting me to move forward with Aviomania.

And it starts...

Kicked off the day with getting all the parts into the bay and organizing things for easy access. After laying everything out and getting some encouragement from my wife I started assembling the frame. Nose wheel fork and a couple cheek plates made it on today. Tomorrow we are going to get the axles and mast supports on and see how much progress we can make.

Was a great experience and we had quite a few other builders out at the Fainting Goat today who were great and providing feedback and teaching me a few things. (y)

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 32
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image11.jpeg
    image11.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Made more progress over the past few days, got all the struts connected and wheels attached. Did an initial wheel alignment to hopefully make the second one a bit easier.

Will be getting the tail section and engine mounted over the weekend.

Had a little trouble getting one of the spindle caps for the wheels to fit properly (was about 1/4" too long with the wheel on) so we ended up grinding it down to fit precisely. Now everything is nice and snug.

Will get some updated photos here in the next few days but happy with the progress so far.

Made more progress over the past few days, got all the struts connected and wheels attached. Did an initial wheel alignment to hopefully make the second one a bit easier.

Will be getting the tail section and engine mounted over the weekend.

Had a little trouble getting one of the spindle caps for the wheels to fit properly (was about 1/4" too long with the wheel on) so we ended up grinding it down to fit precisely. Now everything is nice and snug.

Will get some updated photos here in the next few days but happy with the progress so far.
I am happy to see that you started and progress with your built.

If you find anything that does not fit please email me first. The cup shouldn't need to be grinded.. and specially 1/4" of it. Something else is not right if this was the case. most probably the wheel did not go all the way in. the wheel bearings are tight tolerance and some time may need to be pushed harder because the paint will interfere.

my best wishes with your built!!

We spent several hours trying to figure out what was wrong after meticulously measuring the distance between the bearings both wheels have the same spacing we also attempted to tap the wheel in with a mallet several times to no success. Grinding wasn't the first option by any means.

Thanks for the feedback though we will reach out if we run into anything like that again.

Made some good progress over the past few days here. Photos may not look like much but I have been triple checking every bolt I put on and some parts needed to be re-bolted due to spacing issues which ate up some time. However I feel really good with how it's coming along.

Tomorrow will be getting the nose wheel safety mod installed, brakes attached to the axles, and the rotor head assembled onto the mast. Can't wait to get to the engine mounting which will be happening before the weekend.

Also received my custom instrument panel from Bobby -- BIG thanks to you and Denis for this!

Attachments

• PXL_20221206_224327196.jpg
    PXL_20221206_224327196.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20221207_000648645.jpg
    PXL_20221207_000648645.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20221206_194546254.jpg
    PXL_20221206_194546254.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 29
Matt, what is the "nose wheel safety mod"?
Lookin' good !!

Drilling and safety wiring the bolt that holds the nose wheel and steering yoke/spring plate. The bolt came loose on my Genesis when I trailered it the first time and Nicolas suggested the mod to me. I passed the mod on to Matt.

Matt, what is the "nose wheel safety mod"?
Lookin' good !!
Bobby nailed the description there. I was waiting on feedback from NK if I should move forward with it but will probably just do it to be safe since Bobby's nose fork looks identical to mine.

We made more progress yesterday, got the brakes installed as well as the rotor head attached to the mast. We did run into an issue where we are missing the cone spacers for the push rod ends but I am hunting those down now.

Bobby nailed the description there. I was waiting on feedback from NK if I should move forward with it but will probably just do it to be safe since Bobby's nose fork looks identical to mine.

We made more progress yesterday, got the brakes installed as well as the rotor head attached to the mast. We did run into an issue where we are missing the cone spacers for the push rod ends but I am hunting those down now.
The aluminum spacers? Since I trailered my Genesis a bunch at first I was always losing one of these each time I dropped or raised the rotor head. Double check the packing list, may be packed with something else. I did not find any missing items with my build. I did misplace some items and also managed to lose the teeter bolt shims!

Last edited:

Matt, we have updated the latest videos to include the safety wiring as well. Once you tighten the bolt at proper values and use a spring washer and lock tide the screw should by fine. But adding the safety wiring as well is better.... So... YES please apply the mod.

Have a look at Box 5... you should find the spacers there.

The aluminum spacers? Since I trailered my Genesis a bunch at first I was always losing one of these each time I dropped or raised the rotor head. Double check the packing list, may be packed with something else. I did not find any missing items with my build. I did misplace some items and also managed to lose the teeter bolt shims!
Exactly, I think I remember seeing these on the initial unboxing and thought I put them into one of my organizers. Gonna do some digging here shortly to see where they ended up.

Matt, we have updated the latest videos to include the safety wiring as well. Once you tighten the bolt at proper values and use a spring washer and lock tide the screw should by fine. But adding the safety wiring as well is better.... So... YES please apply the mod.

Have a look at Box 5... you should find the spacers there.
Thanks a ton for the info! We will get the mod applied today. (y)

Found the spacers! I had mistaken them as washers and had them in my organizing container -- phew! Got the push rods assembled and loosely put on. We will be doing calibrations on them in the next day or two. We also got the radiator on and mounted up the throttle levers.

We held off on modifying the nose wheel fork for now because I realized in later videos we need to disassemble it to attach the body onto the frame. Seems like a perfect time to do it then.

Today will be finishing up all the engine mounting (exhaust, cables, etc) and also getting the tail section bolted on.

Out of curiosity do any Aviomania owners have recommendations for the starting positions of the push rods? We have a plan using digital levels but wanted to see if there was a quick way visually to get it to the right starting point.

Attachments

• PXL_20221208_231957893.jpg
    PXL_20221208_231957893.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 16
Matt:

Start by counting exposed threads on the control rods. Mine were all the same from Nicolas and lock nuts were secure. Then, assuming floor is level use of digital levels works. I used a paint pen to mark all threads after torquing and position of Heim joints, nuts and rod positions.

Thanks Bobby, sounds like our plan is similar to what you did which is great 👍 Will report back once it's completed.

Matt... prepare the holes for the safety wiring mod now and make the holes someware you can see them once the cabin is on. Safety wiring ( the nose wheel steering, ruder cable turnbuckles, engine screws etc. ) will be done when the built is done.

initial push rod set up is to leave 1/2" on threads outside the aluminum bushings (not above the locking nut) on each rod end bearing. final set up will be done once the composites are on and adjusted for proper stick placement and range of movement ... this can vary depending on body type. If adjustments can not be acomplished by adjusting the pushrods alone, then you can use a compination of adjustments of pushrods and stick pitch rod.... but try not to adjust the stick .... only if nesesary.

Will do Nicolas and I will also adjust the push rods to those positions that you mentioned. Also good to know to hold on calibration until all the composites are on. Figured the panel and seat had to be in place but didn't think about the other composites.