Aviomania G1sB Genesis CE

Brian I am sorry you had to deal with that too. I don't know if you had to pick up in DFW (where I had mine sent) but the Forward Air hub there was severely understaffed. Everyone was great but when I saw the guy bring my box at roughly 15-20mph on that forklift I knew the writing on the wall lol
My shipment, the large approx 4x8x3 crate, had the top crushed in so I knew then that there would be damage. When I got the crate home and unpacked and unwrapped everything I found that more damage had been done on the bottom of the crate. Forklift times had punctured the bottom of the crate with one large hole just missing the Rotax. I think that with Nicolas breaking the large crate into two pieces it will be harder for the yoyo's to do damage.

Forward Air - BAD!
 
We adjusted everything once we did the hang test then did it over after I repaired the rotor strike damage! Then made some tweaks as Eric was flying off the 40hrs.
 
Thanks for all the advice! I feel like we will be tweaking it as we do the Phase 1 testing. If there is anything I learned building a gyro is you generally have to disassemble something 3 times to get it right 🤣

Case in point I disassembled the push rods today and got them calibrated to how Nicolas recommended. Also had to play around with the metal seat support bar as I had some spacing issues with it but got everything worked out.

We got the fuel tank, seat, and tail section assembled onto the frame. My original plan was to mount the exhaust but I was a bit sore today from lifting that 582 yesterday so decided to push it day haha.
 

Attachments

  • Aviomania G1sB Genesis CE
    PXL_20221210_205006879.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 49
Thanks for all the advice! I feel like we will be tweaking it as we do the Phase 1 testing. If there is anything I learned building a gyro is you generally have to disassemble something 3 times to get it right 🤣

Case in point I disassembled the push rods today and got them calibrated to how Nicolas recommended. Also had to play around with the metal seat support bar as I had some spacing issues with it but got everything worked out.

We got the fuel tank, seat, and tail section assembled onto the frame. My original plan was to mount the exhaust but I was a bit sore today from lifting that 582 yesterday so decided to push it day haha.
Nice. Looking good. Is that a Dominator Tandem in the background?
 
Nice. Looking good. Is that a Dominator Tandem in the background?
Thanks Mike! That yellow gyro is a mix of many different gyros. It could very well be a dominator tandem -- unsure to be honest -- when I talked to the owner yesterday he was telling me that it still uses the original dominator rotor blades 👍 but I do know he has sourced many parts for that from various other projects.
 
Last edited:
Hope everyone had a happy holiday!

After some good rest and family time I got some work in today and put the cabin on. Had to redo some work on the cabling as I had installed the rotor brake cable incorrectly. Got the issue fixed and have the nose wheel all safety wired then we bolted it on. Tomorrow I'm going to be starting the instrument panel installation.
 

Attachments

  • Aviomania G1sB Genesis CE
    PXL_20221227_233617090.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Aviomania G1sB Genesis CE
    PXL_20221227_233607452.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 39
Not soon enough! I still don't have a timeline which is driving me nuts. Working out the shipping costs and finalizing the options for the back seat.
 
Not soon enough! I still don't have a timeline which is driving me nuts. Working out the shipping costs and finalizing the options for the back seat.
It's always something! Hope you have it soon. My patience held out until the shipment was lost in Ohio for 4 days!
 
Thank you to everyone for all the nice compliments. Apologies for the delay the holiday week here has me running all over the place.

Got some more of the build completed yesterday. I have the instrument panel initially in the cabin (prewired) and am working through some of the connection details. Will probably need to reach out to NK for some advice here since my build videos are a bit different than what we have.

Some other fun obstacles we ran into was finding a place to mount the solenoid and battery tray. Big thanks to Bobby for supplying me with some pictures of his build for reference 🙏

I also did some work on the fuel line connection and primer pump but I'm going to redo some of tubing on that as I goofed on how I place my t splitters. Want to keep that as far away from the exhaust tank as possible. Will probably throw some thermal shielding over the tubes that are closest to it.
 
Haha embarrassingly I must admit electrical engineering is not my strong suit (despite being in software for over a decade) so I had to get some lessons via books, YouTube, and mentors (e.g. Bobby) on getting it wired up properly. Probably a lot easier for most who have been through it a few times. However just the prop and rotor need to be mounted on at this point. Rotors arrived from Denis just a week or two ago and look beautiful! My prop is with UPS if we are lucky it will be delivered today. I plan on doing the engine run-in this weekend :D
 
Will do! Craig said he's going to strap me to a tree so it should be interesting at the least 🤣
 
Top