Aviomania CE

One step at a time! Single seat gyros need to build trust and credibility in official circles. Whether that is fair or not I have no idea - but it seems to be the case.

Officialdom needs to put trust in the individual to exercise personal responsibility. In such countries you'll find people constructing and flying gyros with modern thinking configurations.

Thanks Will, very glad to hear that it is at least being attempted. The Genesis has for some time appeared to be an extremely stable and sensibly designed machine.

Although the single seat market in the UK has seen a massive decline there are still those who wish to pursue this path, as much for the pleasure of flying a nimble single seater fun machine, as for the considerable savings it offers over the present selection of factory builds which are for the higher income bracket.

Still keen to hear anything new on UK Certification. Was speaking to Francis Moyle down in Wales about the machine just before coming to Kenya to escape the winter and he certainly seemed interested in how it was doing...if it it doing. Be nice if it did get approval.

Test frames are built in Cyprus and ready for test. Test sheets are currently with Francis Donaldson for approval. Once given, we will proceed to test. Tests are just the Section T structural ones at this stage.

Thanks for the update Will, that’s great news.

Just a thought, question I have with regard to the choice of engine for this single seat.

I know Nicolas has produced the Genesis with a 912 engine. What advantage/s, if any, would the 912IS Sport engine have over a standard 912?

I assume it would have a lower fuel consumption/greater range but this may or may not be true. Obviously at a greater cost.

Assuming that this UK project for approval does go ahead would it be possible to go for this engine.

Hi Leigh

the 912iS engine is 100 Hp injected and costs telephone numbers

I think on a single seat machine, if you wanted good fuel economy maybe a small increase in power a secondhand 80hp 912 with a aftermarket FI kit like the one below might be worth a look:

http://www.ladaero.fr/

Hi nicolas and Will do you have an empty weight and max take off weight ...and disk loading I would realy appreciate it as a group of single seat guys are considering the possibility of gyros being added to the microlight SSDR category in the UK. I dont want to propose a weight that would prevent the gen fallinging into that group. it may happen , it may not, but worth a try

the 592 version is 195 Kg and the 912 is about 220 Kg empty. The sport is 5-12 Kg higher.

MTOW is 400 Kg.... but we are going for 350-360 Kg for the UK model....

Thanks for that Paddy, seems a good alternative to buying the IS.

I now see that there are various options available.

I'm not able to find any videos of the 912. What prop size does it use and are the landing gear and mast stretched?

The USA website is down.

Last edited:
Thanks. It appears to be the same frame. Prop seems small. I hope the factory or a rep will chime in here.

Will/Nicolas any update on progress?

Was also wondering Will if you have any idea of potential buyers in the UK?

A question on the enclosed canopy version, is it a quick change item, to a summer screen?

Will/Nicolas any update on progress?
Hi Bro!!
I can share what I'm allowed to share but he's been busy in designing and licensing in another country.
He's created a custom solution for a customer, of our single place enclosed Sport Model with a taller canopy and wider body than Heath's original.
It just cleared customs in the states and bet you will hear from the new owner soon.

A question on the enclosed canopy version, is it a quick change item, to a summer screen?
YES it convertible, IIRC Heath said it took about 15 to 20 minuets.

Hi Leigh

We have built the test frames but are still waiting for LAA approval of the test schedule before we start testing. The first machine in will be the Genesis Sport with a 912 - open cockpit (we may subsequently apply for the closed cockpit modification). No ideas on customer other than me - but we will see once it is available for purchase!

Will

I'm not able to find any videos of the 912. What prop size does it use and are the landing gear and mast stretched?

The USA website is down.

the prop is 1.7 meters diameter.. so it is NOT small (67"). the frame is the same..... just different mast / engine angles to maintain centerline thrust and different incidence on the tails to counter act engine torque. Performance is superb.... way over powered... but it is nice to have the power when you need it. climb in standard atmospheric conditions is 1400 fpm at 60 Mph.

i will upload a video with 912 later.

New website... but still correcting mistakes and errors.... www.aviomania.com

Leigh, hello...... we do not like to repeat the same thinks over and over :).... the proccess will take some time.... so we will notify when we have something to say :)

Thank you John, its nice to hear of the new improvements as they develop and about the quick change ability of the Canopy.

Thanks Will, once again good to hear progress is being made and things moving forward with regard to the CAA section T testing. Look forward to seeing your machine over in the UK.

Nicolas, nothing posted by either Joh or Will was a repeat. It was all new news and of interest to those who admire and follow your progress.

Congratulations on your new website and its progress. Obviously you are very busy but no doubt a small blog of what is going on will always be followed, by those who visit it for information.:)