Aviomania builders in the US

Sv.grainne

Thanks. Being a lifetime sailboater familiar with cockpit, hull, coaming, etc but being new to this thought this might be a term associated with the 2 seat Gyro!

Bobby

Sv.grainne

Isn't the sandwich pronounced yeeroo? Would not want to sit in the haul with tsatziki on me, especially while up to speed!

Sorry,...

Bobby

Last edited:

Sv.grainne

Re Inventory comment. Nicolas said he was not shipping any more of the one seat Genesis Kits till end of the year. Very busy with 2 seat planes and is working to finish testing the replacement rotors he will build in house to replace the Dragon Wings that he was using and just ran out of.

Last edited:

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Re Inventory comment. Nicolas said he was not shipping any more of the one seat Genesis Kits till end of the year. Very busy with 2 seat planes and is working to finish testing the replacement rotors he will build in house to replace the Dragon Wings that he was using and just ran out of.
Yes but I have a single in stock now. When that sells will order the next and keep one of each in stock after august.

okaneco1

Aircraft
TwinStarr Lycoming O-032B2c
Total Flight Time
a few
We also have a single seat with canopy for sale. We will bring it to Bensen Days if not sold before the event.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
The new Razor Blades that Denis is producing have so far tested pretty well against the Dragon Wings he was using before.

So far he has been testing them against DW’s and Sport copter with good results.

He will be bringing them to B Days, Sun N Fun, Mentone, Oskosh, and about 5 other events, so you will be able to look at then...and possibly, if in the market to buy, try them. But check with him on that.

He has them in 23', 24' and 25’s.

Last edited:

Sv.grainne

Thanks a bunch for the info. Nicolas is keeping to his configuration and will only sell kits with engines/rotors that he sources. Have looked at others though for my own info. Appreciate the response.

Bobby

thomasant

Aircraft
AR1, Dominator Single
Total Flight Time
3400+
I own the N910NE now. It was built by Heath and powered with a Yamaha Genesis. I have since removed that engine and am in the process of installing a Rotax 912 ULS. All the details of the original build are on this forum under "Aviomania Build" thread by gyrodeputy.

Sv.grainne

Yes but I have a single in stock now. When that sells will order the next and keep one of each in stock after august.
When I place my order will I be able to specify sea transport vs air freight? Will I be able to specify the ship to port? My plan is to try and arrange shipment to a port of the Gulf Coast of Texas and then pickup upon arrival and customs clearance.

Bobby

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Hi, Bobby yes you can ship it either way. Yes, you can specify the port of entry.
Good plan you will have to call many customs brokers to find the best deal. Fees for the same service can be $1,000 to $256 that I've found in San Diego.
Most have them flown into San Diego I clear them no hassle and cheap.

Sv.grainne

Hi, Bobby yes you can ship it either way. Yes, you can specify the port of entry.
Good plan you will have to call many customs brokers to find the best deal. Fees for the same service can be $1,000 to $256 that I've found in San Diego.
Most have them flown into San Diego I clear them no hassle and cheap.
John:

Thanks for the response. Looking to cut shipping costs so figured ocean shipping to Houston area would be good. Also want to avoid ground shipping charges from POE so will pick up shipment.

Bobby

Sv.grainne

John:

Thanks for the response. Looking to cut shipping costs so figured ocean shipping to Houston area would be good. Also want to avoid ground shipping charges from POE so will pick up shipment.

Bobby
John:

Checked with 2 Customs brokers in Houston and both estimated costs at approximately $450. So that is good. I plan to pick up in Houston.

Bobby