Aviomania builders in the US

Sv.grainne

I am seriously considering building a Genesis and looking for anyone in the US that has built/flown one.

Thanks, Bobby

Last edited:

okaneco1

Aircraft
TwinStarr Lycoming O-032B2c
Total Flight Time
a few
I am seriously considering building a Genius and looking for anyone in the US that has built/flown one.

Thanks, Bobby
Bobby, We have a single seat enclosed Genesis for sale, 62 total hours and ready to fly in any weather. It is in the PRA chapter 34 hanger in Greencastle Indiana.
K. O

Attachments

• Genesis right side.JPG
    Genesis right side.JPG
    388.3 KB · Views: 55

Sv.grainne

Bobby, We have a single seat enclosed Genesis for sale, 62 total hours and ready to fly in any weather. It is in the PRA chapter 34 hanger in Greencastle Indiana.
K. O
Thanks for the response but plan on purchasing the kit and doing the build. Would you share your experiences with the build and flight. I can provide my email address if you want to correspond directly.

Bobby

okaneco1

Aircraft
TwinStarr Lycoming O-032B2c
Total Flight Time
a few
Thanks for the response but plan on purchasing the kit and doing the build. Would you share your experiences with the build and flight. I can provide my email address if you want to correspond directly.

Bobby
You will need to contact Garth Handlon [email protected]. He can tell you more about his experience. Good luck

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
How many of this type do you estimate to be the US?

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
OK - maybe, suspect some kits are in long build progress.

The only ones I can recall are

N148GT G1SB
N910NE G1SC
N410NE GS2 two seater

Hopefully others might chip in with local knowledge

Sv.grainne

I wrote and mailed letters to the three owners identified. Had a great email with a video link from Nicolas today as well. Pending testing of new rotor blades no more Genesis Kits or completed planes will be shipped. Nicolas estimated that this situation would be resolved by year end. Does not impact 2 place planes.

Bobby

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Counting contracts there are 11 sold. 7 are flying in the states maybe 50 in Europe most in the states are not registered and on family farms.
We did have problems...the only ones that were finished being built with an alternative engine design are Heath's and Joe's two place. The others 4 with all with Rotax are built and flying.
That is why Nicolas changed our rules. You can only buy a kit if you have a Rotax engine or buy a new one from Nicolas.
He did not want to just sell kits and have them sitting in hangers waiting to design the alternative engine.
Each time Joe posted he had an engine out getting his Viking engine bug free, Nicolas and I would hold our breath.
I think that's why Nicolas really hates alternative engines he's not had an accident in any model yet.

I have one Genesis G1sB single place in inventory only waiting for the client to select which motor.
I will have a two-place in inventory in August and from then on will keep one of each in inventory. That solves the problem below.

We had major deliver problems for the past 2 or 3 years on the 2 places. The demand in Europe is much greater than here fro both so we are already the stepchild of real demand in the states.

The main delay was Nicolas is a perfectionist and the slightest stress mark seen in the haul after testing he would redesign haul. We waited 6 months twice for testing before he would ship the haul.
After solved too many orders and then could not get them out.
Then he's moved at least 3 or 4 times to larger facility that delayed all order at least a month each time.

Thank God those growing pain days are behind us.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Now he is testing his own blades for the single place to replace Dragon Wings.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
On his own, he shipped one 2nd generation body/pod and replaced the body for free with the final fully tested body of today. He did not want his product to crack.

But that was over a year ago and is one the problem kits with a Yamaha and is still not finished and flying today.

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
"Haul": To move something, hauling supplies, freight, people, etc.

"Hull": The outer portion of a ship or vessel, like a boat, spaceship, or aircraft.

No different than someone confusing "Blue", the color, compared to "Blew" as in inflating a balloon or using a breathalyzer to test a person who may have been drinking alcohol.

Spelling is important, & so easy in this day of spell & grammar done automatically by computers at everyone's fingertips.

I'm surprised no one thinks we gyro pilots are flying Greek sandwiches...

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Thanks, Kevin, Dyslexia, and often don't even notice entirely wrong words.