Aviomania 2 Seater coming along.

Joe Pires

star hoarder
Aircraft
Aviomania GS2.
Total Flight Time
600 ish solo gyro and 190 ish two place
Ed Lemoine (Edypaul) and I have been working on our 2 Seat Aviomania for a couple of months now. So I thought I would introduce it on the forum.

This is the one that Nicolas sold as his used prototype model. Ed put in a lot of time in the painting phase, fully one half of the time has been prepping and painting. I had originally made a deal with Viking Aircraft Engines to be their Gyro test bed for the 130 HP Motus engine,

However once Jan got the first one running he found the rough running which was designed into the engine to create its trademark sound did not work well when driving a prop.

So I met with him again a few weeks ago and he again sucked me into being the guinea pig. I will have the first 130 HP Viking Aircraft engine based on the 2015 Honda Direct Injection motor. In addition he will be making a version specific to gyros. In the past if you look at his engines you will see they were turned on the side to accommodate fitting inside of an aircraft cowling.

The Gyro model he is designing will stay in the vertical configuration that they are in the auto. Ernie B tells me he encouraged Jan to develop it that way.

We expect to have her flying in .....about two weeks.

I hope that's not Jan Egg.....

Since he owns Viking Aircraft Engines, yes it is.

Joe, in addition to safety, at our age, it’s fun to fly with a friend.

Given your experience will be interesting to see your take on comparison with the twin Dom.

Great to see another build log go up.

(snip) Ed put in a lot of time in the painting phase, fully one half of the time has been prepping and painting.(snip) .

It turned out very nice Ed and Joe , and you are right , the spraying only takes an hour or two ... the prepping takes at least TWO WEEKS !!!

Very nice indeed guys . Good luck with your power plant . It is guys like you who discover new things that work better than the old things.

I'm hoping I can be invited to the skunkworks at the end of October, I'll buy lunch(!)

I Love the colour choice and think you're building a winner, hopefully your engine choice works out.

These guys are doing gearboxes for Honda Fit engines might be worth a look:

http://airtrikes.net/engines.shtml

Thanks for the progress update, it;s looking good.

Could this be the future N410NE ?

Good deal Joe, and Ed is a true craftsman.
I wish I lived closer so I could participate, that's if you'd let me :)

Thank you guys.

Resasi our age??? How old to you think I am ;)

Thank you Vance.

I have always thought 130 horse would be my target for a two seater, although I wasn't sure how to get there economically. The Viking may be the way.

Arnie, The prep work took even longer because the tail had some delamination which Ed repaired. It took forever but it really paid off.

Paddy, the hangar door is always open. I will check out the alltrikes page, but to be honest I am financially in to deep to start changing.

Thanks Scott.

Thank you Steve yes 411 is set aside for this bird. I took my inspiration from Heath.

Thanks Kai.

Jake don't be too surprised if I roll with the bird up on my trailer if we run into something that requires your "special abilities."

Last edited:
It looks good. Looks like 411 is going to be popular this year. Used it on mine 411 this year also.

Sincerely Scott

Red paint

Red paint

Is that Dodge's Redline Red?????? I want to build the Aviomania Single Enclosed like Heath's but with the 80 HP 912 and paint it McLaren Volcano Orange but they won't release the paint code, so I may settle for Neon Blue with Blackouts in the air scoops.

Scott you and I are destined to spread Gyro information to the world!

Capt'n Gator not sure, Ed picked the paint.

I hope I don't sound stupid, but what is 411?

Looking good Ed, I mean Joe.. ;)

My n number and you are right to tell Ed it looks good.

Is that Dodge's Redline Red?????? I want to build the Aviomania Single Enclosed like Heath's but with the 80 HP 912 and paint it McLaren Volcano Orange but they won't release the paint code, so I may settle for Neon Blue with Blackouts in the air scoops.

You could duplicate the McLaren Volcano Orange yourself , or at least come very close

I have sprayed that color as far back as 1977 using House of Kolors Candy Apple ... I believe it was called "root beer" at the time .... it was one of my favorite colors back then , and still is.

For all we know McLaren themselves may use it ... car companies seldom manufacture their own paint .

Attachments

• house of kolors candy root beer.JPG
    house of kolors candy root beer.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 1
What fuel line will you be using ?