Auto Safety ..........

hillberg

My dad bought a 1930 alto outboard midgit. Had a dent in the front nose, He was thinking to restore it and take out the dent, Before the work started we got an old video made from my uncles super8 movies in it was Mel Hanson driving the car at leagion Ascott park and in a turn it climbed a wheel and tumbled, Mel poked his head up after the crash and he looked ok till he realized he broke his nose. (The look on his face!) The car was left as it was when Mell last drove it.

Penguin

Too Short a Member
Aircraft
Dominator, 582, 23' Dragon Wings, 60" Warp Drive
Total Flight Time
250+ hours
There was a time you could drive a car and didn't need to wear seat belts.
Yes, I agree that there shouldn't be laws requiring seat belts. Or helmets for that matter.
Because I agree with Darwin - it would improve the breed through natural selection.

Sheldon

Cool video, lots of mayhem, and here I thought this was going to be about bozos that blow stop signs and ignore traffic lights.....

PW_Plack

Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582
Total Flight Time
FW: 200 Gyro: 51
It's remarkable how long it was between the time aircraft got belts and cars, even race cars, started using them. It wasn't until 1956 that Ford became the first automaker to sell its full-sized car with a padded dash. And the Europeans got seat belts before that, IIRC.

Some of the clips in that video look to date back to the days when some autos still had wood frame rails.