Auto-Gyros make there way to Utah

MichaelBurton

Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Sparrowhawk, B95, AC680, BE23, Calidus, MTO Sport, Cavalon, Vortex, Dominator, WindRyder, RAF2000
Total Flight Time
6000+ over 3000 hrs in gyro
As many know Airgyro became an Auto-Gyro Dealer last year.

Our first gyro arrived in the USA last year but never made it to Utah as it was sold prior to our taking delivery.

We ordered 3 more gyros and they will arrive in the next few weeks. We get 2 calidus and one MTO Sport.

We are still using our Sparrow Hawk for training at this time.

The next few weeks will bring big changes in Utah.

Good luck with your new gyros

Gyros arrived

Gyros arrived

We got the kits and are now fully involved in the build of the first Calidus. We are nearing the third week of the build. We had a slight delay while we waited for some adhesives to arrive.

The build is going smoothly and I should be flying the new gyro soon.

We got the kits and are now fully involved in the build of the first Calidus. We are nearing the third week of the build. We had a slight delay while we waited for some adhesives to arrive.

The build is going smoothly and I should be flying the new gyro soon.

CONGRATULATIONS.

It has been too long.

I wish you, Nate and the Airgyro crew the very best.

Hope to come over and fly with you next summer.

Mark

Why dont you fly one of them Calidus's up this way so I can have a peek.

Sounds like a good idea. I need to complete the project, get it inspected and fly forty hours off before I can make the trip. What time frame are we contemplating?

I can go most places in the western us without much trouble.

Sounds like a good idea. I need to complete the project, get it inspected and fly forty hours off before I can make the trip. What time frame are we contemplating?

I extend a invite for you and the the rest of your PRA chapter to come to PRA73 chapter annual BBQ on April 13th 2013 in Scappoose Oregon.

I extend a invite for you and the the rest of your PRA chapter to come to PRA73 chapter annual BBQ on April 13th 2013 in Scappoose Oregon.

Kent, thanks for the invitation! We'd pretty much decided to try to send a contingent anyway, and work in a visit to see the Spruce Goose on Friday!

Why are you not posting anything about the build process ?

How about some pictures ?

Mike,
Fly it up to the Arlington show this coming July.
Randy

Video of the Build

Video of the Build

Sorry we haven't posted about the build process. Here is a video update on where we are at though. We are getting close to being done. I have been impressed with how nice of a machine it is.

Auto-Gyro Calidus 914 end of build - YouTube

Last edited:
Nice, when did you get into that? Our Calidus will not get inspected until Monday. I guess there is a paperwork backup at the MIDO.

Congrats, cant wait to hear from mike how the 914 performs.