Aussie Paul did it, he really did.

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Since 1982 Gyro 5000+ mostly instructing, and approx. 200 fixed wing in the late 1960s.
What a great thrill to fly Hybrid 2223 Km to the center of Oz and back again. In the Yank language that is 1131 statute miles there and 1131 back. That of course is in a straght line. I did some IFR flying!!!! I Follow Roads,Rail lines and Rivers!!!!!

I will download all the pics and gradually introduce you all to my great adventure.

All this was done without any support crew or vehicles.

I recieved the trophy for the furtherest distance flown to the Oz Easter National fly in. When you are developing a creoss country gyroplane, that is the trophy to bring home!!!!!!!

I am not game to work out what the piece of timber has cost me BUT whatever it has, it was worth it. 'just shows what you can do with a stable gyroplane. At times I reached 6000' above the ground to be above the thermals of the Oz interior!!!!!

Birdy showed us all how well he knows his gyroplane come trail bike with a rotor, and the conditions that he operates in.

Ok, that is enough to get you all interested for the moment. I have only been home 4 hours and have to train a student in 13 hours time, so I will download some pics and hit the sack!!!

Aussie Paul.

Attachments

• longest distance flown plaque.jpg
    longest distance flown plaque.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Red earth!!!!!

Red earth!!!!!

The beginning of pics from the Oz nat5ionals. Aussie Paul.

Attachments

• Paul and Chum  wps.jpg
    Paul and Chum wps.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
Don't forget who owns the frame Paul.

Birdy receiving his trophy from, right, Llewella, the ASRA secretary and registrar.
Wendy, the secretary of the Central Australian Sports Aircraft club, and Sherri, who now looks after the ASRA financials. Sherrie's husband, Steve, ASRA treasurer for 16 years, was a gyro pilot, but unfortunately died waiting for a lung transplant a couple of months ago.

It was great to see Steve's brother bring Sherrie to the Nationals at Alice Springs.

Aussie Paul.

Attachments

• Birdy recieving his trophy.jpg
    Birdy recieving his trophy.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
Paul: Congratulations on that longest flight award. That is an accomplishment.

Hey...I want to see some "outback" shots of Australia. :)

Do you ever fly near the place they filmed "The Road Warrior"?

I never ever will forget watching that movie at the Paxton Airport in 1985. I rented it and watched it again at home. I could not believe such an aircraft exsisted!! I just had to have one of those "MADE IN HELL" machines. :D

I soon searched the Trade-A-Plane and flew out to Ohio to buy a nice Bensen with a 90 Mac on it. What a rush learning to fly that thing. :)

But then....the Mac attacks came :eek: Outside of my wedding night...I would say my happiest day was walking home three miles after my first engine out. I was ecstatic to have survived. :D

Anyway...a slap on the back Paul...way to go. :D

Stan

Birdy, we need some photos of you in action herding kangaroos.....er....wallabies.....oh, heck.....whatever you herd. Was it ostriches or koalas? Try to get us some photos of you at work. We'd love to see them.

Way to go Paul! I can't wait to see some more pictures.

I thought that I would put you all on a "drip feed" system for a while!!!!!

By the time I shrink almost 100 pics it will take a while.

Thanks for the congrats people. I believe that my flight may have been the longest one in a "Bensen" style gyro without ground support min Oz.

Aussie Paul.

birdy's hat

birdy's hat

Hey Paul, great pics and accomplishment! But when can we see you wearing a hat covered in cow shit like Birdy's?

"Aussie Paul did it, he really did."

Oh. I thought maybe he came to his senses. ;)

Well done Paul !! I have driven to Alice in my truck & I know how bloody far it is.
Great pics ,too! Keep them coming.
So now we all know what you look like, Birdman. Congrats on being Aus Champ!
Eric

Congratulations, Paul. You did it. :) Keep the pics coming.

Notice where all 3 women's hands are. They're all in a protecting mode. Birdy must be something else.

Hmmmm....Reckon I mite just lurk on this thread,save putt'n me foot in me mouth.

Congratulations Birdy, I beleive the grease on your hat is from the sump oil you pour on your rotor head, is that true? I read that on an Azzie site.

Congratulation Aussie Paul.

I would really like to hear more about the range of your machine and where you were able to refuel, etc..

Paul,
Sounds like one hellofa trip. I also would like some details on how your ship flew. AND...how far off are you from selling/building Firebirds?