Attention Local Chapter 2 Members

Glenn_K

I'm Batman
Aircraft
Butterfly "Super" Monarch, Butterfly Aurora, AutoGyro Calidus Piper Warrior, C150, C172
Total Flight Time
250+
Michael Burton and I are planning to be at Brigham City on Saturday to practice flying together and to shoot air to air video of the Calidus.
the plan is to be out there early to take advantage of the cooler, more stable morning air. I expect I'll be out there by 7:30. I don't know how much of the day we'll stay out there, but i expect to be there at least until lunch time.
You're all welcome to come out and do some hangar flying and livin' the dream with us.

Maybe you'll have...

Maybe you'll have...

...several people show up if they knew they might get a ride in the the Calidus during filming. Tell them to wear brightly-colored shirts to stand out in the photos/videos.

And, they could also film the "filmer".

Then the dream could become more alive in more people there.:lol:

Thanks you Two for the great adventure! This day goes in the journals and crosses of several on the bucket list!

...and play we did!
Curt showed up between 7:30 and 8:00. Michael flew the Calidus up from Spanish Fork and arrived at BMC at 8:30. We did some hangar flying and planned our adventure a little bit. We visited with a couple of locals for a while and I even got to meet my hangar neighbor, Cal. Michael and I got 3 GoPro cameras mounted up on my Monarch and off we went. The first leg of the trip was up to the canyon that I flew with Desmon in my MTO ROTR 2012 video. We got some good footage along the way. When we got to the canyon I was very apprehensive. I'd only flown that once and it was not solo. But we crested the wall and maneuvered a bit and it went well. Unfortunately I wasn't positioned right to get really good video of him in there. After that, we headed over to the north jetty along Willard Bay. We did some great low level video there and then headed north along the Bear River for more great shots. The whole time we were yankin' and bankin' and having the time of our lives. I think this was probably the funnest flight I've been on so far. Thank you Michael and Curt for a great morning.
Video coming soon...

Here are some shots of the flight.

Attachments

• GOPR0029.jpg
    GOPR0029.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 1
  • GOPR0036.jpg
    GOPR0036.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1
  • GOPR0053.jpg
    GOPR0053.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 1
  • GOPR0058.jpg
    GOPR0058.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 1
  • GOPR0079.jpg
    GOPR0079.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 1
  • GOPR0087.jpg
    GOPR0087.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1
  • GOPR0114.jpg
    GOPR0114.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 1
  • GOPR0121.jpg
    GOPR0121.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 1
...and a few more...

Attachments

• GOPR0170.jpg
    GOPR0170.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 1
  • GOPR0174.jpg
    GOPR0174.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1
  • GOPR0228.jpg
    GOPR0228.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 1
Wheeee!

Wheeee!

Fabulous pics .... what a gorgeous area!

You did well Glenn - flying yourself , getting good position & getting great shots!
Red is a GOOD colour for a gyro :lol: ..... really shows up well & looks good on the variety of backgrounds!

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun & a grand adventure! :first: ( getting quite envious here - can you tell????) ...... SIGH!>>>>one day!!

!

!

Great photos! Especially liked the one w/ both gyros in it.

Awesome rocky mountain shots.

Nice action shot in the banking atitude along the river.

Any of your videos and photos that you show the gyro shadow on the ground are always enjoyable, too.

Any ones of the white gyro w/ the Bacon Bits nose?

If you want to see this in your own gyro come to ROTR next year.

Bear River area near Brigham City airport

Bear River area near Brigham City airport

At ROTR last month, one afternoon Glenn, Gillan B., and I flew some over the pasture lands and river areas. Glenn headed back to the airport after awhile, and Gillan and I flew low over the area, playing follow the leader for quite some time.

We had radio communication, but no cameras to record our excursion. There was some deer below in the brush at one point, and then Gillan saw a coyote near them, and told me where it was, but I could not see it, despite circling around for another look. The sun that was setting to the west made looking or flying in that direction difficult.

We both commented over our radios about the scenery and fun we were having.

On that flight, I saw a couple of boats on the river, one w/ lots of people, and the other with a couple in it. Both times, the people waved enthusiastically back when I did.

On another flight, in that general area west of the freeway and airport, I was flying alone when I saw a farmer carrying a load of plastic irrigation pipe under each arm near the river. The pipes were bouncing up and down as he walked. I waved at him when he looked up, and I was surprised that he dropped one of his loads onto the ground to wave back!

Great adventure! Can't wait till I can join you guys on these kind of days!

I've heard that cliff face southeast of the airport called a couple of things informally, but I think we should all agree to call it, "Desmon's Drop." Maybe we'll even get it on maps as that in the future!