Astral tractor gyroplane

I built a gyroplane tricycle train because I never wanted to fly either a plane or ulm mutiaxes to conventional train and even less an autogyro type La Cierva. I wanted to build quickly from an existing cell. The choice of the CT180 / 2K with large doors for my corpulence and allows a compact gyroplane around the rotor, ie a moment of inertia compared to the multi-axis long fuselage. I did not build the gyro tractive in order to do the acrobatics I leave the place to autogyros propulsive !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Rene: Curious as to your experiences in these runway flights. Assuming you are your own test pilot.

Any unusual torque reactions when you lift off the ground?

How about the same with quick application or removal of power?

Or, does it fly about the same as your Calidus (?) did?

Very much rudder use needed?

Being SxS seating, how much, if any, tilt do you get flying solo?

Are you using the same flight controls configuration as your prior machine, or did you use your own ideas there?

Been enjoying reading your progress on this thread you started! Thanks for sharing this project with us.

Congratulations for this first flight, René.
I hope to read quickly your first impressions on this gyro and the differences felt with two passengers

replacement of the bicycle handlebar with more conventional controls
To climb and descend in the gyroplane more easily I used a quick coupling to the base of the handle.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/img110.xooimage.com\/files\/6\/2\/c\/img_2274-53177cc.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/img110.xooimage.com\/files\/3\/2\/7\/img_2276-53177f0.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Très impressionant, René ! Trouves-tu que le surface de la gouverne de direction est suffisamment pour controler le giro dans les situations critiques ? Par éxample dans le cas d'un atterrissage par vent de travers et sans moteur. Et quoi du distance entre le fond du stabilisateur verticale et terre ? Ça semble de ne pas permettre des atterrissages avec le nez en haut. Que tu en penses ?

Very impressive, René! Dou you find that the size of the rudder is sufficient to control the gyro in critical situation? For example during a landing with no engine and a crosswind? What about the clearance between the bottom of the vertical stabilizer and the ground? It seems that it doesn't permit very nose-high landings. What do you think about this?

Greetings, -- Chris.

Last edited:
I think René is very disaponited for the moment. He has just completely broken his tractor, after several circuit flights very stable, probably because to a break in the tail. Fortunately no injury.

Bonne chose qui c'est pas blessé.

Va t'il reparé Son AutoGyre?

It seems impossible, Frank. Reduced to crumbs.

OMG Now I'm SAD.
But Happy he got out of it not hurt.
It was so nice so different I liked it a lot, it made me want one.