Arrowcopter USA Updates

Monarchist

MTO Sport Owner
Aircraft
MTO Sport, R22/R44, Cirrus SR22-G3 Turbo, Bonanza B35-N (dead engine), Aurora Butterfly
Total Flight Time
There have been trials of big bore kits on 914's. It certainly produces a lot more power (relatively), but the concern may be long term reliability until it can be fully tested out. Case in point would be the US 912 big bore upgrade problems.
Yeah, I don't trust that stuff. I would rather invest in a better prop.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Aah, that is what they were talking about. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

ckurz7000

Aircraft
ArrowCopter
Aah, that is what they were talking about. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Just to be clear: there was never a discussion to install third party modified Rotax engines on a certified AC20. I don't know what people owning an EAB AC10 put on their machines (as in Australia or South Africa, etc.) but personally I am not aware of any ArrowCopter running a modified Rotax.

Ongoing research at the ArrowCopter manufacturer is always investigating other options. The criteria for engine selection are pretty tough, though: reliability, cooling, availability of service and parts, certifiability, price just to name a few other than power. Heck, we even discussed the option of a Solar T-62 or equivalent turbine. Just imagine the looks together with the sound and smell. UN-F*****-BEATABLE! :)

-- Chris.

ckurz7000

Aircraft
ArrowCopter
Don't laugh, Djani. We are not excluding turbines entirely. For certain mission profiles they could well be the right choice...

-- Chris.

Flyguy450

GT-450
Aircraft
Hanglider,Trikes,DA20,MTO sport TAG EXplorer/Eclips 10
Total Flight Time
big bore kits

big bore kits

There have been trials of big bore kits on 914's. It certainly produces a lot more power (relatively), but the concern may be long term reliability until it can be fully tested out. Case in point would be the US 912 big bore upgrade problems.
I guess I missed something , what problems have there be with the B-B kits ,? I was strongly interested in have my 912 uls done

magknight

Aircraft
Cessna Skylane, AutoGyro Cavalon (Due in May), Arrowcopter AC20 (sold) / MTOSport (sold)
Total Flight Time
300+
Don't laugh, Djani. We are not excluding turbines entirely. For certain mission profiles they could well be the right choice...

-- Chris.
If a turbine is an option in the future, I'll be first in line for sure. :)

magknight

Aircraft
Cessna Skylane, AutoGyro Cavalon (Due in May), Arrowcopter AC20 (sold) / MTOSport (sold)
Total Flight Time
300+
N713TX has Arrived in the US

N713TX has Arrived in the US

Just wanted to give an update that the AC20 has arrived, the assembly completed, and awaiting inspection. Should be in the air within the next few days.

Attachments

Last edited:

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
That is good news - you are going to get so much attention when you arrive in the Arrowcopter - it's a real head turner.

Thanks for the update - Enjoy enjoy enjoy

ckurz7000

Aircraft
ArrowCopter
Hi Jason,

congratulations on the arrival of your new ArrowCopter! Boy, you're in for a treat. You'll love the way it handles when boring holes in the sky and I am sure you will appreciate its cross country capabilities.

Keep us posted, -- Chris.

magknight

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
300+
Thanks! It's so solid. Completely different than any other gyro I've flown, but still very familiar. Looking forward to many adventures.

I spent 3.5 hours tonight tearing apart the shipping platform. It was built like the Arrow, super solid. That was my workout for the day. I'm done. The trailer arrives tomorrow, so it all starts again.