Arizona Gyroplane Conference October 26-27 2019

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
Titanium Explorer is now a major sponsor of this Event ...and we are just 6 weeks away ...with travel plans to be locked in and accommodation bookings to be planned ...most of the participants will be making their plans to attend in the next 3 weeks!

All those who may be existing pilots interested in learning more about transitioning to gyroplanes as well as students who are at some point in their training and those who just want to learn more about flying gyroplanes in general ...this 2 day public conference will be full of value!

I have been a member of IAPGT for a couple of years & find great value in the membership & training material ...to continually upgrade my knowledge & skills! ...I REALLY got a lot out of the Gyropedia material online ...while grounded earlier this year & did a ground-school refresher! When I got airborne again ...I really noticed some improvements in my flight skills ...as the ideas & suggestions had taken root!

I am trying to upload the promotional posters ...but keep getting "file too large to process" ...both raw & PDF forms ...& I have no way to shrink them on my laptop!

Well one decided to load ...

1568061671512.png

Attachments

• Titanium poster.pdf
    527.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
OK looks like good ole copy/paste made it work!(y):D

1568061433435.png

I am planning on attending and expect to learn a lot.

I like Phil Harwood's style of presenting things.

We Gyroplane Flight Instructors need to do something better or insurance is not going to be affordable.

I am hoping this will be a first step.

I feel there is benefit for the new gyroplane enthusiast as well.

If you registered for the "MASTER THE GYROPLANE SYMPOSIUM", but have not yet received an email with an invoice, then please email:
[email protected]. A few people thought they had registered, but had not received the separate email that contains the invoice. You are not actually registered until you have paid the invoice.

If you are interested in registering, there is still time. Please go to the following link: MasterTheGyroplane.info. It will ask for your name and email, and you will receive a return email with the invoice. There is a link under "accomodations" for housing at the Biosphere. Also, note - if you would like breakfast, there is a tab to request that as well. Breakfast is $10. Those with a paid subscription to the Gyropedia will receive a 45% discount on the conference.

Membership in the Gyropedia is a great value. For the price of 3 hours of "ground", you will receive unlimited access to pilot videos, the Gyroplane Pilot's Handbook, review questions, a gyro simulator and more.

We have 45 pilots, enthusiasts and CFI's registered thus far, and are looking forward to meeting each and every one of you!

Mark & Britta

Hi Dan,

The following is the agenda for the conference:

Master The Gyroplane – Training Seminar
26th/27th October. Oracle, Arizona - Biosphere II
Objective
To increase the knowledge of gyroplane pilots in order to improve their gyroplane flying skills and decision-making during flight.
The aim is to reduce the likelihood of gyroplane incidents and accidents for the people who attend.
Topics
• Introduction and welcome including a simple technical overview of a gyroplane to provide a reference for the
remainder of the sessions.
• Analysis of common gyroplane incidents and the primary contributory factors.
• Comparison of the differences between gyroplanes and fixed wing aircraft and highlighting the key areas where ‘fixed
wing thinking’ can be hazardous when flying gyroplanes.
• Rotor Handling. The correct procedures for handling rotor blades when the gyroplane is taxiing and the rotor blades
are turning. An in-depth understanding of rotor management.
• The pros and cons of different take off and landing techniques. When they are applicable and when they must be
avoided.
• Understanding the flight envelope and factors affecting the ability to fly safely when on the backside, and behind the
power curve
• A simple but practical method for practicing Threat and Error Management during all stages of a gyroplane flight.
• The principles of the ongoing Pilot Development Program and the key factors that contribute to the ongoing
development of a pilot.
Format
The course will be divided into 8 sessions of approximately 75 minutes per session with suitable breaks between each session.
The presenter will use an effective teaching technique that will ‘find out what the audience know, and fill in the gaps’. The
presenter will describe real world scenarios relating to gyroplane flying, ask a series of questions to the audience, and members
will have the opportunity to write down their own initial thoughts and answers in the notebook provided for their own use.
Relevant gyroplane handling techniques will be discussed, with an emphasis on the techniques that provide the greatest margin
for human error. This teaching method has been proven to work effectively with an audience with a wide range of experience
and provide good retention of the presentation content after the event.
Course Presenter
The course presenter is Dr Phil Harwood, the Chairman of the International Association of Professional Gyroplane Training. He is
the author of a number of books relating to gyroplane training, the presenter in over 150 videos relating to gyroplane training.
and he is a senior gyroplane examiner in the UK. The presentation will be enthusiastic, thought provoking and entertaining.
Course Completion
Each participant will receive a course completion certificate for participation in the entire event.
This course is part of a worldwide program to help pilots get the best from their gyroplane through a process of continuous
development.

You can register for the iagpt as a guest to see if you like what Phil has to offer. Joining with a paid membership will net you a 45% discount on the conference. FAST Team credit is available if you are interested. There are 51 signed up so far, so you will likely also meet some new gyro friends! The Biosphere II is an interesting place in a serene setting. I hope you can join us!

Sincerely,

Mark R