AOPA in Livermore.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Staff member
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2600+ in rotorcraft
I have had some cancelations and it looks like I could fly up to the Livermore AOPA fly in on Thursday and fly home on Sunday.

Transportation there and lodging are the issues I am trying to address.

This is very last minute and I hope to work on my flight plan tonight.

I would be grateful for any help you might offer.

Please email me at [email protected] of phone me at (805)680-9523 if you can help.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I am still waiting on more complete answers. It appears I am staying with friends in Livermore and transportation is still a little iffy. They are only about three miles away so worse case I can walk. Thank you for your thoughts and responses.

Sorry, Vance -- if I hadn't just moved to Colorado, I'd be happy to help, but I'm not in the neighborhood anymore.

I lived in Livermore for 12 years. I graduated from High school there. I will never forget the air show that was put on there every year. I had a lot of fun in Livermore.

Not going to El Mirage this year???

Good morning Chris.
The plan at his time is to launch The Predator sometime Thursday when the fog clears and make it to El Mirage and The Ken Brock Freedom Fly In sometime Thursday afternoon.

I will be stopping at Santa Paula (SZP) and William J Fox Field (WJF).

Santa Barbara is 400 scattered 11:03 with a five degree temperature-dew point spread.

I don’t fly after dark so the weather may cause a delay. The sun sets at 6:44.

Plan B to get away from the coastal fog is to fly to Bakersfield (L45) and then follow Interstate Five to 138 past the lake and stopping at WJF for fuel before heading out to El Mirage.

Weather and aircraft permitting I will be there.