Anyone going to Oshkosh? Swift is ready to fly...

Sandstream

This was posted just a few weeks ago on composite-fx.com:

"The SWIFT will be at OshKosh, running and ready to fly!".

It would be awesome if some of you guys would like to visit the Mosquito booth and report back here about the Swift :).

I'll be going and will be sure to look for it.

Awesome, that is a good looking helicopter, I wish them lots of good luck!

I have to admit I'm excited to see it fly. Hope someone can post some good videos and pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13697182_1759193747635325_5003214150388050853_n.jpg

That's a beautiful ship! It looks clean without a lot of drag, so I wonder what top speed it will have.

That's a beautiful ship! It looks clean without a lot of drag, so I wonder what top speed it will have.

Agree, it looks clean and fast!

The sleek design actually make the cabin look smaller than it really is. The cabin width is 48".

Some similarities to the Cabri - also 1.24 metres cabin ( 48 inches ).

Used by many training companies - approx 150 now delivered - although does have a EASA Certificate of Airworthiness so a standard and price tag above the Swift.

http://www.guimbal.com/index2.php?l=6#p=31

Attachments

• cabri.jpg
    cabri.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 6
To my eye, the pictures suggest a fully articulated 3-blade main rotor on the Cabri but two-blade semi-rigid on the Swift. Can anybody confirm?

Follow link in post#11.
You're correct.
smiles,
Charles

The Cabri is a nice flying helo coming from my friend who has flown one in STL. They also come with a $350,000 price tag. The Cabri will provide possible (and much needed) competition to Robinson in the training world.

The Swift is in a completely different ball game. Rotorway and Safari will be its main competitor. If the Italians could get the CH77 Ranabot over here and flying, I think you would see some interest in that machine as well. It is proving itself in Europe as a dependable and economic two seat helo.

Here's a couple pics of it. Still looks to be pretty far from fly able.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 12
Another pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 13
Got some more - just pm me and I'll send em direct.

Parasite & Profile draq aren`t the limitinq factor on most sinqle-rotor helicopters` speed.

It is the onset of retreatinq blade stall that is the brick wall.

RPM must be limited to keep tip speeds subsonic. That low RPM makes it mandatory to limit forward speed so the retreatinq blade doesn`t start stallinq. It will not be much faster than 120 MPh.

Did they give any new info on weights and performance? Did they say if it has done any test flights?

Last edited: