Anyone familiar with Paul Lamar runs a rotary engine site [email protected]

skyguynca

Gold Member
Aircraft
depends on what I have sold recently
Total Flight Time
5000+
I have been on the mailing list for about 8 years. I have not seen a forum message for a few months. I checked today and the site is gone and the name is for sale.

Anyone know what happened?

David M.
San Jose, CA

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
300+ gyroplane, 11 airplane, 1.5 PPC, AND... a ZILLION hours of flying in my dreams!
I haven't received any RE email updates from him since back in November.

Kevin_Richey

Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
300+ gyroplane, 11 airplane, 1.5 PPC, AND... a ZILLION hours of flying in my dreams!
I have been on the mailing list for about 8 years. I have not seen a forum message for a few months. I checked today and the site is gone and the name is for sale.

Anyone know what happened?

David M.
San Jose, CA
David: I've been in phone contact w/ Paul's son, who is Paul Jr., Paul's first born. He lives in Palm Springs, Ca.

He is in IT, & was able to download all the rotary engine for aviation website of rotaryengine.net about a year ago, to preserve all the rotary engine gold-mine of information posted over the years by his dad & other contributors such as yourself.

He tried to get Paul Sr. to convert the newslist over to Wordpress, instead of the format he used of an email list, but it was a No-Go for Paul Sr.

He said his dad has some major health issues that have him not long for this world (brain cancer being the main culprit, also w/ dementia right up there w/ the cancer). At 85 yrs. of age, Paul Jr. expects this year will have him passing away. Apparently Paul is still in Santa Paula.

Paul Jr. welcomes contact @ paul.lamar(at)yahoo.com if anyone would like any updates as they occur.

skyguynca

Gold Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
5000+
Thank you so much for the info Kevin. I hate to hear Paul is not doing well. Heck of guy. I also downloaded the entire website, you are right it is a gold mine of information and experience from Paul's history with the rotary engine.

Thank you for the contact info too.
David

Kevin_Richey

Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
Paul Lamar Sr. passed away Friday, March 13.
Here is a link to his rotary engines for aviation website. A fellow named Josh is supposedly attempting to carry on his work.

skyguynca

Gold Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
5000+
I am saddened to hear of this loss, the community has lost a good man. He was a wealth of knowledge and experience