Any G1 owners or builders near East TN?

13brv3

Gold Member
I know this is a long shot, but I'd love to see a G1 in person if I could find one fairly close to east TN. Extra credit if it's an enclosed model, since I'm worried about head room .

Thanks,
Rusty

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon, OutBack Tango, Ryan PT 22, JetGyro, Jet Provost, Champ, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
I’ve got one at my place with a radial engine on it.

Attachments

• 2C12CFF0-A4C3-4820-A28E-B207AB998086.jpeg
    2C12CFF0-A4C3-4820-A28E-B207AB998086.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 36

13brv3

Gold Member
Cool Sounds like added incentive to make the next fly in. I saw your gyro when I was searching for info, but I can't find where that was now. That looks like the 7 cyl Rotec? If so, they list it as 110 HP and 220 lb dry weight. Definitely different.

DavePA11

I like the buckets to capture the dripping oil… wonder if they ever forgot to take them off before starting engine…

13brv3

Gold Member
Any other Aviomania gyros in easy driving range of east TN? Even a 2 place would tell me a lot about how they're built. The only one I know of so far is the one in NC.
Thanks,
Rusty

Sv.grainne

Any other Aviomania gyros in easy driving range of east TN? Even a 2 place would tell me a lot about how they're built. The only one I know of so far is the one in NC.
Thanks,
Rusty
I'm not close but I can share info with you on my Genesis. I can call you or you can call me. I'm very impressed with the kit and the way it all goes together.

13brv3

Gold Member
Joe Pires has a G2 in Florida.

Good thought, but from his profile, it looks like he's a bit over 600 miles from me.

I've been following your build thread, and I do like what I've seen. I also like the fact that Nicolas replies to questions, unlike most places I try to deal with these days. There's just no substitute for seeing one in person though. I might try to visit Barry in NC, though I haven't heard back from him yet. I believe the one he has is the original G1Sa model, and I'm not sure it would be feasible, or even possible to update it to the enclosed cabin. Ultimately, I'll want the convertible option. I'm probably looking at a spring project, since my summer project is STILL in the garage...

Gyro28866

David McCutchen
Aircraft
Benson B7m & B8m, Dominator II; Kolb Mark III Classic
Total Flight Time
750 combined FW & Gyro
There is a G-1 with a Rotax 582 engine, here in middle tn. It is about 200 miles from you .
I will contact him and see if I can share his info with you.