Any AR1 going to Mentone 2021?

They are great machines and best part you can get support from manufacture in Florida rather than dealing with one overseas... Flights are cheap to Tampa if you want to check them out too. Assume you will go with turbo for elevation out here? There is one based at Front Range too.

Where are you based in Colorado? I rent a hanger in Platte Valley for my Husky.

They are great machines and best part you can get support from manufacture in Florida rather than dealing with one overseas... Flights are cheap to Tampa if you want to check them out too. Assume you will go with turbo for elevation out here? There is one based at Front Range too.

Where are you based in Colorado? I rent a hanger in Platte Valley for my Husky.
Hi Dave,

I live at Crawford Airpark, 99V, 6500 MSL and fly a RAF/Sparrowhawk with Sport Copter rotor and 160 hp Subaru. I had planned turbocharging from the start, but am unhappy with its handling as well. I'd like to try out the AR1 with the Rotax Extra engine. Or maybe a Dominator style gyro. I am selling my turbocharged Cessna Skywagon now. Just don't go plane camping so much any more.

There may be an AR1 with 915 there. For starting at 6500 feet MSL 915 will work. Edge Performance will perform better because it’s lighter if you are ok with aftermarket conversion. 915 powered machine will go to 15k feet. Sparrow hawk is very draggy and very heavy and Subaru is said to be 160 HP but each HP is a little smaller than other HPs.

I haven’t flown out in the Crawford area yet. Only up to Afton Wyoming and back. Think I will fly out to Michigan for Oshkosh this year. I almost sold my Husky to buying another gyro. Will see. Can not really go anywhere with Dominator gryo out here in Colorado given how spread out everything is here. At least with the AR-1 you can go places. I would think the flights from Denver to Tampa are cheap to check out the AR-1. Is Denver the closest commercial airport to you?

Crawford is reasonably close to Grand Junction but ticket prices and connections from there not very good. My family lived in Grand Junction and I usually flew into Denver then did a car rental for the rest of the trip.