Another Way To Search: Google

GeneWeber

Total Flight Time
4 hours
Hi Folks,

This forum is a gold mine of information IF you can find what you’re looking for.:) IMHO the built in vBulletin search engine leaves a bit to be desired. There is another option that I’m starting to use and wanted to share. You can use Google to search a specific site such as this one. To do this, simply enter site:rotaryforum.com/forum in a Google search window. For example:

site:rotaryforum.com/forum "rotor thrust vector" "c. beaty" –wilford

Will return links to pages of forum threads that contains the phrase "rotor thrust vector" AND the phrase "c. beaty" but does not contain the word wilford. The search is case insensitive. For more information on Google search features and options see this page: Google Site Search

Best,

Gene

gyromike

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Bensen B8MG
Gene,

I meant to post something like this a while back, but got sidetracked. That's how I do most of my searches on other forums too.

I think I'll just sticky your thread for others to read.

willisbr

Aircraft
Maule MT7-235; RAF 2000 (sold)
Great post. I wanted to add that this is useful in mostly all types of search engines, including ebay. For instance, when searching ebay for an item you can use the "-" to cancel out particular words. So instead of searching iPhone and getting 5 billion results because of all the adds that say "iPhone CASE"...search iphone -case. You will yield less results. I've had to search things with many many "-" words.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Thanks for those tips guys.