Another Newbie

Big Vern

Total Flight Time
Hi All,

My name is Russ and I have just joined. I was pointed in this direction by PPG Doug (who I owe a big "thank you" to. I am located just north of Dayton, Ohio. Originally from the UK, married to an American, we have been living here for 3 years.

I guess my interest in gyrocopters started as a child when I saw Little Nellie in James Bond. I thought it was so cool. But time and money, and to a degree availability, meant that I tried other forms of aviation - Paragliding, Ultra light, Trikes, before gyros, but that is where my true passion lies.

Late last year I took some flying lessons with a great guy, Ed Newbold, over in Heath. I only managed to get 7 hours of instruction and then work commitments put a hold on my training. In theory, I should now have more time, well, at least some time to continue with Ed.

Naturally, I am looking to buy a gyro and the forum is a great place to start. Lots of knowledge and information, discussions and the classifieds / for sale. The adventure begins here.

jcarleto

Aluminum Supporter
Aircraft
Beech Bonanza G-35 N4638D/"The Bulldozer" 2-Place Gyroplane N575EE
Total Flight Time
Several
Good luck, Vern. Enjoy the ride.

*JC*

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
Hello Russ!

Welcome to the forum.

Don't for get the local PRA Chapter (Chapter 40) has a meeting in April east of Cincinnati.

If you did not get a newsletter email me at [email protected] and I will send you a copy.

PPG Doug

Sport Pilot Gyro Guy
Aircraft
100hp Subaru powered Dominator (SOLD)
Total Flight Time
Few hundred.
Lets all welcome The Big Vern!

Lets all welcome The Big Vern!

:whoo:Yes. Welcome! This truly is The Place for Gyro info, questions, answers, buying, selling, help, and even some occasional scorn...

WELCOME RUSS!

Big Vern

Total Flight Time
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I will mention at this point, that I travel a lot for work, which can make access to the internet a challenge - which also means that it can take some time for me to respond to messages. I just want folks to know I'm not being rude, just not always available.

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Mark Given Creation Called "The Predator"
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Welcome Aboard I'm new too!