Another great deal on a 2 place!

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
Not a gyro....! My airplane... But read on first because its a good enough deal you might still want it.

1996 Titan Tornado II

This is a 2 seat airplane, Powered by a Rotax 912 ( 80 hp ) engine, warp drive prop.

Plane will fly over 450 pound of pilot/ passenger, plus fuel.

Plane holds 27 gallons of gas and burns less than 5 GPH.

Plane has electric flaps, cabin heat ( from a heater box and radiator, not exhaust muffs ) dual controls, icom radio, adjustable rudder pedals, luggage area, intercom with music input, Plane has strobes, nav lights, landing light, and instrument lighting. plane also has mounting points for titans optional cargo pod / float kit.

Plane will cruise at 115-120 mph at max cruise rpms. Vne speed is 150 mph. Stall speed is high 40's depending on load and temp. visabilty out of this plane is awesome, its as good as most gyros. The pilot sits in front of the wing, so you can see up, to the sides and down very well.

Plane is responsive and very fun to fly. Its not hard or tricky to fly though.

Plane is rated for 6+ 4- G's..... Loops and rolls and other mild aerobatics are fine.

It is the biggest bang for the buck in aviation in my opinion..... you can find planes that go faster, or are roomier inside, etc.... but not for anywhere close to the money you would have in a titan, and not with the titans low operating costs. Remember, this plane typically is burning 3-4 gph of car gas, and although I run 93 octane in it, it is designed to burn even cheaper 87 octane. I pay about 50$ a year in property taxes for the plane.....

Its not a gyro, but it is a way for you to take up yourself and wife or a kid, or your best buddy in the whole wide world, etc... for less than you would pay for most single place gyros.

I am asking for 15 grand, and I don't have much wiggle room at that price.

Going to replace this plane and my gyro, with a 4 place airplane, and hoping there is some change left over to start buying some metal and start construction this winter of another single seat scratch built gyro.

704-756-46 zero zero if you wanna call

Attachments

• Flying Titan Tornado 046.jpg
    Flying Titan Tornado 046.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying Titan Tornado 041.jpg
    Flying Titan Tornado 041.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying Titan Tornado 045.jpg
    Flying Titan Tornado 045.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying Titan Tornado 043.jpg
    Flying Titan Tornado 043.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 0
WoW!

WoW!

I'm not doing fixed wing now, but $15 grand for a fast flying EAB with a 912 and BRS is a steal!

Is everything 10-8? Current Condition Inspection? Engine and Airframe logs?

Bryan

No BRS, whats 10-8? I have logs, condition inspection just ran out. Trying to find someone to do it, the mechanic that did it the last two years is no longer around.

Hey, Ron.

Just curious... do you still have that Aviatika bi-plane? I saw it listed on barnstormers.... thought seriously about buying it, but have no way to get it to Texas!

Looking Closer

Looking Closer

...No BRS..., ...whats 10-8?...

The thingy that looks like a BRS is the vertical stab of that airplane parked behind you. OOoops.

10-8 is to "In Service" as 10-4 is to "OK, Affirmative, and Yes."

:)

The biplane was Barrys ( ultracruiser41 here on the forum ) I listed it for him. It sold quick.

I also listed a buddys Titan on Barnstormers, and it was sold last week.

Yeah, the plane is 10-8 or whatever! Flew it yesterday.... It will need a condition inspection, but like I said I am trying to get that done first. And yeah, for 15K, a LSA EXP plane with a 912, it is a steal. I don't want to drag out the sale, want to find it a home quick.

All I can say is that anything and everything that Ron guy owns is meticulously taken care of.

I have never seen that plane in person, but would bet its very nice when you look at it closely.

The price reflects a good deal in my opinion for any buyer.

Stan

Ron, can you provide us with the N # as well as the eng and airframe times. I'd also like to know how long you have owned it and whether it's been kept hangared. Thanks, Stan PRA 41973

N996ck

plane and engine both have around 1000 hours since new, always kept hangared, ive owned it since 2007

The A&P on my field is leaving for vacation for 2 weeks ( he just bought a sail boat and wants to go sailing ) but he said mid August he can do a condition inspection if thats something someone wants before they buy the plane.

I listed the plane on barnstormers last night.

Just a FYI.... to gyro diehards.... this plane has a solid engine! A expensive engine! It would be a good purchase to buy the whole plane just for the engine. you would have a Rotax 912 to put on your gyro, and take your old 582 or 618 or 670 and put on the titan and resell the titan with the 2 stroke engine, and you would have a 912 engine for next to nothing.

Ron, my Arrow would sure look nice in your hangar! Stan V. PRA 41973

What 4-place plane would you buy that would be more economical than this and would be more capable? A C-172 is a 2-3 place plane and slow. Until you get into the 182/Saratoga/Bonanza realm the others are just underpowered toys. I would keep what you have.

Stan, I am not ruling out the arrow, but Im really thinking Id rather go with a fixed gear plane and something cheaper. I still have to face the fact that im flying so little these days I would be better off just renting instead of owning.

Baron Pilot... My pockets aren't deep enough for something like that. I know the stuff im considering is " slow " but hey, it is what it is.

OK Ron,
Here's a plan. Come up to Oshkosh. On the way home, stop at my place for some trail riding (Gnarly 7 mile loop). Go home with my (Kandace Rawling's) Gyrobee. Finish and fly it for $3000. Take the leftover money and use it to rent a 4 seater when you need to. Now you can still call yourself GyroRon!

matt

It wasn't you, but it was once said that I went to "the dark side" when I bought my Cessna 172. Still have my gyro, and was actually flying my plane down to Macon to train with Steve McGowan. Good times. Then I ran out of money. My little 172M has been a great plane. It is a true 4 seater with a 877 useful load. I will eventually out grow it as my kids get larger (now 9 and 12). Unless you drop some serious dough, a larger plane with a larger engine is going to cost more to buy, operate, and feed the gas tank. I am working on a 160hp upgrade when rebuild time comes with an STC for another 100 lbs gross weight increase. That would give me 977 useful load with a fuel burn wide open at under 10 Gph. Here is a pic of a flight today with family at 4,500 feet, VFR, between the layers.
897e12955effb0014e76bc77dd09bbe6_zps037ff5b8.jpg

Oshkosh is July 29- August 4. My 13 y.o. son and I'll be up there July 29-August 1. July is like a tropical rain forest here, so the trails are way overgrown. Hopefully by then, I'll have things in better shape. How's this for hijacking a thread?--link to the CL ad for the 'Bee! http://appleton.craigslist.org/for/3927885763.html