Another good man has gone!

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
Remembering the hearty Russian - Alex Vagner with such a passion for his TANGO gyros, love of flying ,great customer relations, - I have heard only GOOD things about him & he was a joy to visit with at fly-ins ...in 2019 he travelled far & wide & deservedly scooped top awards at our gyro events! RIP good friend & deepest empathy & condolences to Katerina & Paul!

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2200+ in rotorcraft
I liked Alex a lot.

It is a sad day for our gyroplane community and his family.

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
I know there are no words that can be said to lessen the pain of this tragedy,
I feel blessed to have known Alex. Alex was always there with a smile and a positive outlook, I enjoyed getting to know him during my Tango build, He was a filled with passion for flying, He seemed like He was living the dream. May God bless his family and give them peace in this difficult and mournful time.

Supermotive

Alex was a good man. I respected and admired him. He was a humble man that loved to work with people. This is sad news.

JEFF TIPTON

Aircraft
Grumman AA5
Total Flight Time
There is No Death

Author Unknown

There is a plan far greater than the plan you know;
There is a landscape broader than the one you see.
There is a haven where storm-tossed souls may go —
You call it death — we, immortality.

You call it death — this seemingly endless sleep;
We call it birth the soul at last set free.
‘Tis hampered not by time or space — you weep.
Why weep at death? ‘Tis immortality.

Farewell, dear Voyageur — ’twill not be long.
Your work is done — now may peace rest with thee.
Your kindly thoughts and deeds — they will live on.
This is not death — ’tis immortality.

Farewell, dear voyageur — the river winds and turns;
The cadence of your song wafts near to me,
And now you know the thing that all men learn:
There is no death — there’s immortality.

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
3600+ .. New to gyroplanes
RIP our Russian comrade. My deepest sympathies and condolences to Paul and rest of Alex's family and friends.

SportCopter

Aircraft
Vortex M912, SportCopterII, Vortex 582
Very sad news for all of us. Our deepest sympathies and condolences to the Vagner family and friends.

GK2

Alex always seemed to be a genuinely nice friendly person. He will be missed, my deepest sympathy and condolences to Alex’s family.1905B571-329D-4E46-A8BD-EC12F944CD9A.jpeg

GyroCasey

It was a joy to have met Alex and spend time with him over the past 6 months. He always had a smile and a great laugh. He will truly be missed.

NetPilot

Tryin' to Re-Member
Aircraft
2016 Rotax 503 "Jake-inator" (i.e. Gyro Jake's 2016 creation)
Total Flight Time
225+
About a year ago, I started greeting Alex with a big, loud... "LAZY BOY!!!" ...using the best Russian accent that I could muster and maybe a choice explicative thrown in. :) (A greeting I learned from him. Ha, Ha!)

But... it never sounded as good from me as it did from the big, booming voice of this big, friendly man-bear.

I miss him sorely.

Many of us remember how he would be carrying-on with us gyro-folk at the hangar... or at a fly-in... one moment, with that same big booming voice, and then moments later would be sitting-down, among all these gyro guys, but focused intently on his phone, gently making goo-goo baby noises, via FaceTime, to his grand children and the other little-ones in his life. ...a true gentle soul, family man, and friend.

My heart breaks for Katerina, Paul, and the rest of the family.

I have not seen it posted anywhere else on RWF, so just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this gofundme to help defray funeral expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/f/alexander-vagner-funeral/

Mark

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
So sorry to hear another member of the community has passed in an accident. Condolences to family and friends.

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
I met Alex at Bensen Days 2015, after seeking out the father-son team of dealers of the then-premiered Tango Gyro, at the lunch trailer, to tell them that there were three things about the Tango Gyro that I would change. Two of these things got changed on later models, Tango Russia persevered and showed me the third thing was OK. Ya can't win 'em all.

Alex was the closest person to me in the business. It was grand to have a friend and a co-member in the same flying club building gyros specifically designed around Yamaha engines, and obviously that made him special to me. It was always a good relationship: joking, laughing, sharing our work and ideas, as well as personal thoughts on which was the best bet on cheap vodka, and other professional courtesies.

If I wanted something of his to try in my shop, it was mine to take home for as long as I needed it. Alex was always giving. He was also always respectful, and always respected. He listened intently without interruption, never aloof nor condescending, and always quick with a big smile and a bear hug.

His parting leaves a big old lonely hole right <here>, but the loss makes me value the friends I have in the gyro community all the more - for this is the only way I can make such a bad thing a good one in any way.

But dammit now I'll never get to prove to Alex that I am right in our latest discussion/disagreement concerning Yamaha conversion engines.

So Alex, if you're up there looking down right now, you're wrong and I'm right: There is no normally aspirated YG3 that can hold a candle to a YG4 Apex.

God rest your soul, my friend.

Last edited: