Another Georgia/Carolina Challenge! - Bensen Days 2014 - March 26th thru 29th

NetPilot

Tryin' to Re-Member
Aircraft
2016 Rotax 503 "Jake-inator" (i.e. Gyro Jake's 2016 creation)
Total Flight Time
300+
We all know that SunState Chapter 26 will be showing up in droves for Bensen days. It is their party after all!

In the spirit of the "Wrens - Georgia/Carolina Challenge" back in October, which ended up being a lot of fun:

...and since Georgia and Carolina are the two closest chapters to Florida, I am throwin' down another (friendly) Challenge!

...Who can show up to Bensen Days 2014 with more folks? How about gyros?... Georgia, or Carolina ???. :boink:

I saw Tim V. and Jonathan at BD last year. But, I don't think I saw any other Carolina folks...

This year, TangoVictor has committed to go. Ron says he will not be able to make it. I'm not sure if Automan is going this year...

How about the rest of y'all!? (Ultracruiser41, Boots, David R., AirScooter, getut, RayPierce, Cap'n Gator, liljoes, Brent_Brown, cbonnerup, directdrive... everyone else...?)

Whose goin' from the Carolinas!?

(Fingers crossed) looks like PeachState Chapter 56 will be sending about 10+ members this year, with 4+ gyros in tow.

Not to leave any other Chapters out... please chime-in if you believe your Chapter can give PeachState a run for it's money! :D All takers welcome.

Consider the gauntlet thrown! :whip:

- Mark

Last edited:
This is so cool Mark, where do you get your inspiration, I like it alot.

Depending on your new KB3

Depending on your new KB3

Thanks Stan! I'm counting you as one of those "10+" attendees, and also your new KB3 as on of our "4+" gyros. You are picking up the KB3 on the way there... right?

Now... Just waiting for some of the Carolina guys to chime in... :)

See you there!
M

I will definitely looking to add to Bensen Days numbers next week. I have the most fun visiting friends there, and don't need my helicopter at all to enjoy the great people.

Stan

Thanks Stan! I'm counting you as one of those "10+" attendees, and also your new KB3 as on of our "4+" gyros. You are picking up the KB3 on the way there... right?

Now... Just waiting for some of the Carolina guys to chime in... :)

See you there!
M

I've got to dig the motorhome out from its winter hibernation. Charge batteries, de-winterize the water system, check tires, give it a bath and on and on. Bensen Days has always been the perfect time to get it out for the camping season. Always look forward to it.

If all goes well, Fran and I will arrive on Wed afternoon with KB3 in-tow. Looking forward to seeing you all.

HFII - why no info in your Public Profile ?

Steve

"I'm sure YOU understand Steve.""

No not really.

An obvious attempt to appear anonymous can attract the very interest that one was trying to avoid in the first place.

Better to by grey and blend and refrain gaining attention through bellowing.

Steve

Gonna be a great event

Gonna be a great event

Thanks for your posts guys!

Ron - A lot of us will miss seening you there. Hoping to see you at Barry's later this spring!

StanFoster - I am really glad your schedule opened up so that you could go this year. First (and last) time we met was BD 2012... ever so briefly. It'll be great to catch up!

liljoes - Looking forward to seeing you there! You and Verroi are the first two confirmed from Carolina. I'm sure there will be more.

Stan V - I wish Monticello wasn't so far from Cedartown/Atlanta so that we could see you and Fran even more. Next week's going to be awesome. Lots of folks are super curious about the KB3!

HornetFlyer - Enjoyed chillin' with you and Vance last year and working on the flight-line during the Saturday show. Gonna be fun to do more of the same next week!

Carolina guys... come on out of the woodwork!

M

My wife maryann and myself joe from nc will be there!

Joe, are you and Maryann going to be camping on site. I Always like it when we are able to include our wives, It always costs me somthing in return but worth it for me to share this event with the spouse. Hope to meet you @ BD.

Stan V - I wish Monticello wasn't so far from Cedartown/Atlanta so that we could see you and Fran even more. Next week's going to be awesome. Lots of folks are super curious about the KB3!

Looking forward to seeing all of chapter 56. You're right Mark, Monticello is a hike from chapter events.

I'm curious about the KB3 too. Mike posted an interesting photo of the pre-rotor on his new KB3, and from pictures I have of mine, it looks like it has the same one. Looks odd, but Mike said it works well.

Already got our camping spot,will be in the big old winnie. come by and say hi, or look for me at the helicopter ops area, this year we will have the helicopters out at the other side of the hangers,so people will see they are doing rides, so far Heli Aviation has said they will bring in the R-66 turbine again, and R-44 and the R-22, they will be offering rides and even intro flight lessons. if your pockets are deep you can even get stick time in the R-66 turbine, but it will be a 30 minute minimum.

not sure what the rates will be yet.

Attachments

• Besendays 2013 091.jpg
    Besendays 2013 091.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Besendays 2013 125.jpg
    Besendays 2013 125.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Besendays 2013 223.jpg
    Besendays 2013 223.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 0
Mark,

You Georgia guys are going to win the contest. I know I will not make it this year. Can't speak for the others for sure. I will be there next year and will drag one or two more with me.

Scott

can't really count me as a Carolina guy, we should be living in Florida by mid summer, finely got our house under contract. already a member of Sun state.. :)

Can't wait to support a active club thats close enough I can make the meetings to.
found land 20 miles form Wauchula that is already zoned for my helicopter landing pad.
happy happy happy, everybody happy.

Attachments

• IMG_4002.jpg
    IMG_4002.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 0
Mark,

You Georgia guys are going to win the contest. I know I will not make it this year. Can't speak for the others for sure. I will be there next year and will drag one or two more with me.

Scott

Scott, I believe we meet at Wrens last fall, right? Wish you could make Bensen Days this year. Gabor and the chapter 26 crew (as you know), put on a great show. I'm wanting to get another picture of Gabor in his chicken suit, that was just to cute last year.

Foster needs to get into a bikini for the egg drop. Well, maybe not!!!!

AirScooter - Sorry to hear that you won't be making it to BD this year, but we'll look forward to seeing you at Barry's soon. I'm gonna hold you to bringing more folks next year! :) Have you heard anything from your hangar-mate?

Animal - Glad you are going! I'm still going to count you as a Carolina guy! :) I'm sure there'll be more. Maybe we'll give you credit for 3 helicopters LOL! See you there! As usual, you come-through, lickedy-split, as the man-with-the-photos! Great work! :first:

M

StanV- I am hooked to an IV tower after having about bleed to death on Sunday.....internal bleeding from that blasted warafin I am on. My hemoglobin went from a normal 14 down to 4.

I could not even get into our SUV to have Barbara haul me to the hospital.

An ambulance was called and they tried 15 minutes to get an IV in me.

But.............there is great news. It took this ordeal to find out that I DO NOT have Factor5 mutation........the results were negative and my personal doctor read it wrong 2.5 years ago. They retested me yesterday and the results are still NEGATIVE!.... I no longer am on warafin.

Had I been off of warafin, I never would have had my INR spike and causing me to about bleed out.

I have taken 8 bags of blood, and everyone that saw me Monday, then today all drop their mouths and say I am not the same person.

StanV......all this to say that I am going to be at Bensen Days.....healthy as a horse.....but am done with being the egg target ir running any contests.

Bensen Days is a fantastic event, and I am so looking forward to meeting with true dear friends.

Stan