Annual Sign Off of used Experimental Gyros

Farmer around here put an ad in the paper .... for sale , 300hp Stieger tractor .... Call John Crapp.

Farmer around here put an ad in the paper .... for sale , 300hp Stieger tractor .... Call John Crapp.
Thomas Crapper invented the floating ballcock (don't go THAT way with this thread, please) as used in Victorian era toilets. Check him out on Wikipedia.

We just recently dealt with an A&P and a Rotax certified tech named James Crook (that's his last name but he is not a crook) who is from Los Angeles, Ca for a customer's warranty issue on a 915iS wiring harness. He seemed pretty good and works on gyroplanes and Rotax engines
James is a GREAT guy. Recommend 100%

There are A&Ps who are not honest so ask around and get feedback like knussear’s recommending someone honest.

I was looking at a plane to buy once, and it was in annual so I figured I would stop in the shop and talk to the mechanic doing the annual. I decided not to by the plane after the visit. He had a bill for $15K in charges for the owner and nothing to back up how he arrived at the huge invoice other than it being in his shop. I did a bit more research and found most people avoid the guy since he puts liens on aircraft to get his money from the owners… can’t imagine he would stay in business long. I was there while he was doing an annual for about two hours looking over log books and he accomplished nothing other than talking to people…

One year later the same plane came back on the market so I called the new owner. Seems he took the plane back to the same mechanic/shop for annual, and now had a $16k bill to pay. What a scam. The plane was a Piper Cub with no electrical system so no avionics and simple to do annual on… Shouldn’t be more than $1k without any repairs…can overhaul engine for $16k…

Dave

Having an A&P means nothing more than having the paperwork today unfortunately
The worst A&P I have seen, hired and fired are the ones coming from the military. They get their 2 years working on nothing but landing gear and then go cram for a test and take it. They knew absolutely nothing. Airforce crew chiefs in general are glorified fuel line guys and you have to really look at in detail what they have worked on to see if they got their A&P for real or just because they were military.
I hired 3 A&P from National Aviation Academy. 3 graduates. Complete junk. I fired them all. Now they are working under contract on the big jets. Good luck with that. If you are an A&P and I put a AN6-24 bolt in front of you and you can't by just looking at it blurt out that's an AN6 (3/8") bolt, you are not there yet. If I give you a Molex pin to crimp on an 18 gauge wire and your crimp does not pass Molex's own criteria, you need more training.