And so it begins!

GA,

I agree whole heartedly with your list, but I hope that doesn't mean we have to go back so far that Gyroplanes aren't available. :)

Why cannot we have our cake and eat it too...

The politicians say we can... ;)

Seriously, I think hobby aviation will always be around. And with a public that is leery (as in do not trust the govt)... perhaps hobby flying will be a bit less legal and more fun... :)

It is good seeing this discussion. I am sure you guys have heard of or read the Liberty Amendments by Mark Levin. IM(not so)HO, A must read if we will ever get this country back. One thing to keep in mind that must change as well is the IRS and the tax code. This is the #1 tool of all governments to control the masses. We are at the mercy of the tax code. No one can read it or comply with it fully......no one! (Tim Giethner is just the best example) The IRS had proven that it cannot be trusted and will aggressively target its political enemies. These agencies are absolutely unacceptable. As far as how far back we need to go......I would be happy to go back to the first 13 amendments and start from there.
One thing I will say about this current president...... we have never elected a less qualified or vetted person to high office in our history. We must never let that happen again.
One thing I will say about this health care law......Obama didn't write it! It has been in the progressive liberal desk for probably 50 years! It is what Hilary tried to pass. It was when John Edwards was being interviewed (I do not recall the network or the interviewer) and commented regarding the level of participation of the public had to be 100% for the plan to work. That is when support went downhill for Hilary.
Wow....I feel better:)
Thanks for the venting.
God Bless America!

What if we decided to stop paying our taxes and starved the government out?? Just a thought:) We would have to set up a plan to cover the military and our debts. We need leaders! Oh...another pipe dream.

As I mentioned in the free gas thread, political discussion is not allowed on this forum. Everyone here knows it, so why do it? If you guys want to discuss FAA medical stuff carry on, otherwise the thread will be going to the dumpster.

Ben knows a forum where you can talk about this stuff all day long, every day. Ben, feel free to PM all the people in this thread and invite them to the wolverine forum if you guys can't resist talking politics.

Taxes

Taxes

What if we decided to stop paying our taxes and starved the government out?? Just a thought:) We would have to set up a plan to cover the military and our debts. We need leaders! Oh...another pipe dream.

I did just that, I joined with a group and stopped paying. I kept records,I had meetings with the IRS, I had meetings with the head prosecutors , I had meetings with all of the "law" enforcement agency's who would take the time to meet with me. I showed just how the 16 amendment was supposed to protect us and had supporting evidence to prove it. They, the IRS said that because I had paid taxes in the past proved that I believed that the tax laws were fair and just! We had a very large group of people who cheered for me, UNTIL the the time that the IRS started to audit them . They ALL folded and turned on me ! Cost me my retirement funds,$170.000.00 and 3/4 of my pay for the next 10 years.
If you get 100% of the people to agree and join with you 99% will fold when the going gets rough.
Now instead of having a comfortable retirement I have to go from one social security check to another, grow our own food and heat with wood that I have to cut and stack my self because gas and electric heat is out of our reach. At 75 years old would I do it again ? HELL YES But 99% of the ones who shout the loudest now would cave like a house of cards when the feds came knocking at their doors . Been there , done that Don't have any retirement to prove it.:usa:
Would I do it again

Ok Ron. Your right.
It WAS started about FAA stuff.
You will notice that my responses and the overall tone of this thread are friendly. But for the sake of following your request.

I invite everyone to continue this thread on the website Skywolverines.com.......be warned, there are less filters thereand it is sometimes gyro related.

http://www.skywolverines.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=199

Last edited:
Bud, don't you guys have flying things to talk about? I didn't read what you posted, so I don't know what the 99 percent is your referring to.

Talk about this stuff on Gabors forum. Talk all day long about it. Solve the USA's problems and make this country better, just do it there please. Ben posted a clickable link to gabors forum... if anyone here wants to discuss and debate these kinds of things, thats the perfect place to do it!

If you want to discuss FAA medical issues, then carry on. Its that simple.

Ben, it has been friendly. In both threads.

I log on here daily. I don't open each thread and read each post these days, but I have a general idea of whats going on. I can not speak for Mike or Todd ( frankly I don't think Mike gives a rip, and Todd is always extremely busy and rarely keeps up with the forum these days ) But... I have seen this thread and the other and Let them carry on, BECAUSE everyone was so nice. I even participated in the other one. But rules are rules and we need to try to follow them. These types of threads are not welcome here for two reasons.... 1. We tend to get so heated in them we become mean and nasty towards each other and 2. They distract attention from the other aviation related topics here. Even if everyone is super nice to each other, these types of discussions eventually overwhelm the forum and the only discussion going on is political in nature. Im not saying Im shutting down threads or banning people or anything else along those lines, Im just reminding everyone that these threads are clearly not allowed here and to go ahead and wrap up the discussion and get back to flying talk. If there is a pressing need to talk about how bad the country is or how messed up our government is, etc... By all means, go to the wolverines site and it is not only welcomed there but encouraged. Funny thing is, its usually only 3-5 guys who do 90 percent of the talking in these threads anyways, maybe you guys can just email each other or pick up the phone and debate it or whatever.

Ron, there is no umbrage here.
However you wish to let people use this forum is up to you and the Mods.
In a climate as politically divisive as we have and in a hobby/lifestyle/occupation that is as strictly controlled by an alphabet group as aviation is, it seems to me an impossible task to remove the "politics" from our day to day discussions.
Look at it this way, if you KNEW the comet ISON was going to end 60% of the life on this planet when it impacts the earth in 2 months (hypothetical) would you not expect to see people referring to it in their posts on flying? It would be naive to think that it wasn't on their minds and that they would never discuss it even if you had a rule about no comet discussions.
But it's your forum, and I respect others rights as much as my own. Goes hand in hand with the whole libertarian/conservative/veteran/patriot thing.

Yes Bud, sorry to hear that. There was a man that wrote a book on the subject of taxes and how you define income. He got away with his definition because do how he lived his life up to the IRS suing him. He stated that no one else would get away with this now. Very sad situation indeed. I really believe the only solution will be to vote all these people out of office for good.

...I wonder if you would encourage me to post on this Forum the FACTS as to how I got screwed by an American Gyro manufacturer ?...

Jim, I don't know if or how many other people feel this way, so I'll just speak for myself. You're bursting at the seams to spill dirt on this manufacturer, so instead of daring us to ask you, why don't you just start a dedicated thread and get it over with?

Your post has nothing to do with this topic, and you keep popping up with this tangent in other threads as well. Nobody will care about this as much as you do, and most visitors here probably have no idea what you're talking about. Check with your lawyer, see what you can safely say, perhaps let the moderators know in advance that the potato will be hot, and bring it. The other party is welcome to air his side of the laundry basket if he wishes, and you'll probably elicit some reviews, good or bad, from other customers as well.

Still speaking for myself, I'll be thrilled when you get past this mud patch in life, get flying, and are your old jolly self at Mentone again!

Ron, there is no umbrage here.
However you wish to let people use this forum is up to you and the Mods.
In a climate as politically divisive as we have and in a hobby/lifestyle/occupation that is as strictly controlled by an alphabet group as aviation is, it seems to me an impossible task to remove the "politics" from our day to day discussions.
Look at it this way, if you KNEW the comet ISON was going to end 60% of the life on this planet when it impacts the earth in 2 months (hypothetical) would you not expect to see people referring to it in their posts on flying? It would be naive to think that it wasn't on their minds and that they would never discuss it even if you had a rule about no comet discussions.
But it's your forum, and I respect others rights as much as my own. Goes hand in hand with the whole libertarian/conservative/veteran/patriot thing.

Ben, bottom line is my guess is about 80 percent of us that are into gyros are also republicans and think somewhat alike. So in essence, when we get into these big debates and discussions its like were preaching to the choir so to speak. Sure from time to time a democrat will come out of the woodwork to say otherwise, but usually the message being delivered is agreed on by the majority of those here. So in other words, talking about here isn't changing no ones mind.... since the majority of us here are already on the same page. See what Im sayin ?

also, its NOT my forum at all. It belongs to Todd Powell. If he wants to make the off topic area completely open to any and all topics I am okay with that. I suggested to Ray Pierce to contact Todd and ask him to do this, and Ill ask the same out of you and anyone else that feels a pressing need to discuss political stuff here on the rotary wing forum. If he says its okay with him, then its okay. If not then we need to try to respect his wishes.

Jim, I don't know if or how many other people feel this way, so I'll just speak for myself. You're bursting at the seams to spill dirt on this manufacturer, so instead of daring us to ask you, why don't you just start a dedicated thread and get it over with?

Your post has nothing to do with this topic, and you keep popping up with this tangent in other threads as well. Nobody will care about this as much as you do, and most visitors here probably have no idea what you're talking about. Check with your lawyer, see what you can safely say, perhaps let the moderators know in advance that the potato will be hot, and bring it. The other party is welcome to air his side of the laundry basket if he wishes, and you'll probably elicit some reviews, good or bad, from other customers as well.

Still speaking for myself, I'll be thrilled when you get past this mud patch in life, get flying, and are your old jolly self at Mentone again!

I agree with what you said Paul. All of it.

Imo

Imo

if you think the faa is gonna take your license, then just register your single seat gyro at cow pattie flying field, the machines should weigh under 254.99999 pounds and you can register it with "BITE ME" liberals and democrats will be shot on site :D

GA (John) is gonna bow out... however GA has a comment:

Hiding from the way our elected leaders are taking advantage of us... is a recipe for disaster. I agree with Bud O'Neil: folks who cannot handle the truth... are the 99% who run and hide when the kitchen gets hot.

Without a flock of 'Rosa Parks' (remember her, she was the one who openly defied segregation and fueled the fire that got it repealed)... Well IMO if someone does not have the gonads to face down a corrupt govt... well they do not deserve the freedoms they enjoy (and they will soon loose them)... And I seem to remember one of our founders who said that very thing... :)

And I think we will see that respect goes to the folks who have the gonads... <grin>

GA is out of this thread... and may well be shopping for a gyro forum where people believe in true free speech...

Ben, if you could PM me the information Ron suggested... I would appreciate it.

Bye.

Pm

Pm

Sent you one. Love to get a response !

fj