American Ranger AR-1 gyroplane takes a short cut over the hill and through the canyon...

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 380 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes
Great video.
I think your AR-1 could benefit from rotor track and balancing a bit. This next time when Mike Goodrich comes, may be you and some others can arrange for a training course in LA with PB-4

Mike G

Aircraft
Owned Magni M16 now ELA 07
Total Flight Time
550FW + 500 gyro
Peter I'm really impressed by the lack of camera shake in your video. I'm trying to record videos of flapping and behind the curve take offs and my videos are really poor compared to yours. What system are you using and how are you mounting the camera?

I agree with Abid, you could do with some track and balance, there's definitely some 1/rev stick shake that could be cured.

I'm still waiting for the US to allow European visitors and I've just heard that the Astra vaccine (the one I have) won't be accepted. If I ever get to the US and you want to organize a Rotor Track & Balance training session let me know and I'll give you more info.

Mike

PeterFromLA

Aircraft
American Ranger AR-1, Kallithea
Total Flight Time
400+
Great video.
I think your AR-1 could benefit from rotor track and balancing a bit. This next time when Mike Goodrich comes, may be you and some others can arrange for a training course in LA with PB-4
I never did a precise balancing, so for the last three years this is a great testament for the design quality of the rotor system. But also keep in mind that I was descending at about 1200 feet per minute and that tends to load the rotor above its normal flight levels, and the camera was mounted on my chest, so the visible vibrations are not to be fully trusted.
Peter I'm really impressed by the lack of camera shake in your video. I'm trying to record videos of flapping and behind the curve take offs and my videos are really poor compared to yours. What system are you using and how are you mounting the camera?
I use "Insta360 One" cameras, and they have good stabilization. I also would recommend GoPro (anything after 7) because those do have a fantastic stabilization technology... just make sure it is activated on the camera... :)

I have my Annual inspection coming in a month so I will probably attempt a better balancing procedure, but to tell you the truth, the things on the video look worse than they feel in the air.