All Talk, No Action

jm-urbani

Aircraft
home built mono seat
Total Flight Time
300ish
an other question, what does it is like to first land perched at 1.5 m high ?
what precaution did you take to anticipate the effects of this difference ?

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
I just had a Magni M16 pilot land The Predator and with no demonstration he made three very nice landings.

I wrote about his flight in more fun flying The Predator.

I recommend you spend some time just sitting in the seat near the runway getting a sense of the sight picture; maybe even take a picture and study it at home.

Take care to look as far down the runway as you can see when landing.

Do not look down when landing.

Most of my clients take their check ride in a Magni M16, an MTO Sport or a Cavalon and the transition is fairly easy.

The Cavalon being the most challenging for most pilots because of the offset sight picture..

Attachments

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
3600+ .. New to gyroplanes
Don't you just love it when you see a post on RF from a guy who has over 16,000 posts on this forum alone, yet he hasn't got one original thought in his half-brained, self-lobotomized head? I mean this guy has not posted one single solitary original thought in the "BUILDER'S CORNER" section of RF - ever.

He has not built ANYTHING related to gyros.

Not one, single, solitary thing related to gyrocopters. Nada, zilch, zip. Capiche?

I just did a search in the BUILDER'S CORNER using his RF handle - which is also his first name - as a filter.

I just came across this. This is out of line. Personal attacks and vile language against a member of this forum is completely unprofessional, furthers nothing and is wrong at many levels.
So in your opinion unless someone is a builder, they simply cannot contribute to a general rotorcraft and gyroplane forum. How does that compute?
I think you owe Vance an apology and should delete this thread. I am surprised that the owner/moderator has not deleted it yet. It was clearly targeted personal attack, not a technical or general argument or debate.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
He certainly owes Vance an apology, however this thread has served to demonstrate the complete lack of support there was for his vile post, and what people thought of it.

Hopefully showing him, and any others who would attempt any similar post, how much contempt it generated for the author, and the regard in which Vance is viewed by the great majority of us here on the Forum.

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Waiex/3300 Jab, Phantom UL, Flightstar II UL
Total Flight Time
ALOT
I find it crazy that Greg would make a post like that, then not come back and comment further for days.

robo_nipsy

Aircraft
Gyro Technic
That was disgusting.
I came to Greg's defense ~10 years ago when he was being attacked by "Scary Gary" and other thankfully "former" members.
I now regret that support.
This was so uncalled for.
I consider Vance is a very good friend, and I was shocked when I realized he was the target of this rant!
What a gentle soul!
I love the way Vance prefaces everything with "in my opinion"... , just to make it clear that he is not "in your face" with his comments.

This bile should be deleted right away. It does not belong here.

...Now, if the political threads could be deleted too (Which, by policy, should not be on here to begin with) It would be a such a breath of fresh air!
Why, why, why...... does there even need to be an "off topic" catagory? Just gyro related. That's all we need. And we will all live happily ever after...

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
I believe the "off topic" category is for the explicit purpose of keeping non-gyro stuff out of the other gyro threads. It's sort of like having a graffiti wall instead of just saying "No graffiti"

jm-urbani

Aircraft
home built mono seat
Total Flight Time
300ish
Hi DD who was banned ? and for asking a question to whom was he banned ?

robo_nipsy

Aircraft
Gyro Technic
It's sort of like having a graffiti wall instead of just saying "No graffiti"
I understand.
Its just that I can't think of any other aspect in my life where i spend time with the type of people that would feel the need to deface somethig nice with graffiti.
Seems so juvenile.
I guess I like living in my soft bubble.

Smack

Re-member?
Aircraft
Kitfox IV / F1 Rocket / Magni M-16 / Beech 18
Total Flight Time
500+
I love the way Vance prefaces everything with "in my opinion"... , just to make it clear that he is not "in your face" with his comments.
So, if one proceeds one's comments with "in my opinion" you can say whatever you want, because (Cancel Warrior types) everyone is 'permitted' to have an opinion. Right?
Brian

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
So, if one proceeds one's comments with "in my opinion" you can say whatever you want, because (Cancel Warrior types) everyone is 'permitted' to have an opinion. Right?
Brian
Nobody is suggesting that as a shield for inappropriate content. Inserting IMHO in advance of the original post would do nothing to change its tenor.
What typically follows "in my opinion" in posts from Vance is not ad hominem attacks, but some technical statement on which he perceives there could be differing views or interpretations.

hillberg

an other question, what does it is like to first land perched at 1.5 m high ?
what precaution did you take to anticipate the effects of this difference ?
Try a Sikorsky S-58 (13 foot)🤪 from a Huey (7 feet low skids):sneaky: then an R-22 [5 foot eye balls to surface) 😁 all on the same day

jm-urbani

Aircraft
home built mono seat
Total Flight Time
300ish
30 years ago I arrived at the homebuilder hangar as usual to sand .. ( a rutan wing) but everybody was crying ... a guy had just died ... he was a boing pilot having just finished his glassair ... during landing he had forgotten he was in his glassair and flared at 10 meters above the runway ... he crached , the plane burnt and he died ..