All Talk, No Action

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
Don't you just love it when you see a post on RF from a guy who has over 16,000 posts on this forum alone, yet he hasn't got one original thought in his half-brained, self-lobotomized head? I mean this guy has not posted one single solitary original thought in the "BUILDER'S CORNER" section of RF - ever.

He has not built ANYTHING related to gyros.

Not one, single, solitary thing related to gyrocopters. Nada, zilch, zip. Capiche?

I just did a search in the BUILDER'S CORNER using his RF handle - which is also his first name - as a filter.

12 threads to his glory, four of them are about a gyro he bought already built from someone else. The rest are just riff-raff tripe and garbage, nothing of any real value to contribute whatsoever.

But to read his any of his thousands - and I mean, literally, MANY THOUSANDS of smug, self-absorbed, condescending, patronizing posts, it quickly becomes apparent that this guy thinks he is the last word on virtually any topic concerning gyrcopters, their flight dynamics, training, safety, testing, and design.

Why? Oh, I dunno. Uh, I guess he bought a gyro somebody else built and that makes him an expert.

Or in a previous life he maybe sold some motorcycles. Oh, OK, so like that makes him an expert on gyros - fer sure.

Or, after multiple attempts, he finally got his CFI. Long after he had already been passing himself off as a professional, legal trainer, that is.

Next to this genius I don't amount to much of anything. According to him, that is. In spite of the fact that I've been building and rebuilding gyros for 13 years; and engineering, designing, fabricating, and selling truly unique and innovative gyrocopter powerplants and related equipment for 7 years. Many dozens of my kits are flying around the world.

One of my kits won every EAA Oshkosh Airventure STOL competition in 2018 - including the Lindy Grand Champion award. No one has ever won every STOL competition at Oshkosh - ever.

Take a moment and let that sink in. It was my powerplant conversion kit in that airplane.

Now this blowhard, know-it-all, smug, lying, cheap-shot, snide little bastard who has built NOTHING, designed NOTHING, fabricated NOTHING, sold NOTHING, and won NOTHING at Airventure knows more about any of this stuff than I do.

Because he bought a gyro from someone.

STF up.

NO one gives a rat's ass about the stupid, ugly, one-off, 1200 lb. Predator which is actually better known in most circles as "The Flying Brick" because its power-to-weight ratio is one of the worst in gyro craft history.

NO one cares about your pathetic "opinion" which you seem to have one about on virtually any and every topic posted up on RF for some strange reason.

NO one wants to hear how you"feel" about any topic in the least. Ugh. That's just creepy. Period.

Except you.

You are driven to post post post and post some more to pamper your ginormous ego.

Gawd.

Get a life.

BUILD something.

DO something.

DESIGN something.

FABRICATE something.

Or STF up!

Better yet: Bring that flying turd of yours to Mentone and let's see how it stacks up next to Godzilla or the Wicked.

Put up or shut up, you ridiculous toad.

HDAI4988 (640x640).jpgUCFN8819 (640x640).jpg

Last edited:

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon,Snobird+, Ryan PT 22,JetGyro,Titan T51,TwinStar, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
Bad form Greg.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Not a very nice post.

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon,Snobird+, Ryan PT 22,JetGyro,Titan T51,TwinStar, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
Degrading a fellow human is never a good thing!!!

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
We still have an "ignore" function on the forum as a better option to cope with disagreements without being disagreeable.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
True, but sometimes ignoring is avoiding a situation that is...or should be... perhaps, un-ignorable?

Last edited:

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
I will stick my neck out and simply say that was a crap post, out of line, and unacceptable.

There are common standards of polite, reasonable behaviour towards our fellow workers, friends. contemporaries or forum members.

This vomit of bile is unpleasant, and has no place here in a voluntary gathering of like minded individuals who are enabled to do so by the good graces of Todd who gives us the ability to share our common passion...

NOT OUR PERSONAL GRIEVANCES OR UNPLEASANT PERSONAL OBSESSIONS!!

Apologies to all if that seems to be a bit emphatic.

( Which it is fully intended to be!!!)

Last edited:

Doug Riley

Platinum Member
This attack happens to be on a guy whom I consider a friend -- a very mannerly and genteel fellow. It's always a treat to see him at a flyin and hang out for a chat.

He in fact did a major mod (a re-power) on the big gyro in question -- one of those mods in which one thing leads to another and another....

He's also pounding out big hours as an instructor -- a huge service to this sport, where competent instruction is in critically short supply. Heck, even INcompetent instruction is in short supply!

Finally, the target of this attack is a leader in our community in operating a homebuilt gyro out of a controlled airport. He uses professional-grade radio communications and flight by the numbers. This conduct does our sport worlds of good. It helps to patch up the awful reputation of gyros as claptrap junk flown by ignorant, suicidal idiots. We've all lost flying opportunities because of that reputation. Getting along with the air traffic controllers and the fixed-wing majority opens doors.

It's best to argue your opinion with logic and facts. You may, in the end, have to agree to disagree with the other guy. So be it. Personal attacks accomplish nothing other than to tarnish the reputation of the attacker.

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
We still have an "ignore" function on the forum as a better option to cope with disagreements without being disagreeable.
True, but sometimes ignoring is avoiding a situation that is...or should be... perhaps, un-ignorable?
I meant that as an alternative to the original post, instead of such an attack (ignoring is generally acceptable while venting venom is not). I agree that it exceeds bounds I expect here.

Last edited:

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
And you are a gentleman, and are putting it politely, while he, unfortunately, is not, and sadly has not.

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
I don’t understand it..... to try and run a business takes a lot of knowledge....patience and understanding to all you deal with.... whether you like them or not.....no way to run or grow a business by treating anyone with disrespect. It will fail.
Thanks Vance for all you do!!!! 👍🏻

Sv.grainne

First all of the Political BS, now this. If on the site I moderate this would be a good reason to shut down the user account. IMO Totally uncalled for!

dinoa

Whatever the OP's achievements, they are negated by the very abusive post.

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
I was talking to Vance the other day on the phone...and of course he does not need to even come and defend such lucridous statements. But I told Vance that there are a few rare people that such statements spewing out of their mouths are actually a compliment.....when you consider the source.