All In.....a ditch shadetree bodyshop

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
John is such a kind soul to let us share this story.

John, myself, Dave Bacon, and Jeff Jones were headed to Solomans castle. The line was leaving the airport and we were trying to catch up. AllIn...who I think should be called AllOut was about to make the left turn by the registration table coming into Bensen Days. There was a slow pokey car turing on this main road...so John...being the off roading type he is...and one that doesnt want to lose....immediately took the taxi-way in front of the row of hangers. We were gunning it down that little asphalt strip when low and behold there was no more road...but a shallow ditch. John hit the brakes enough to go down in the ditch and up the berm to our road. During this time...I had just got Tim O'Connor on the phone...and I wasnt able to carry on a conversation , I was laughing my self to tears.

Just then we crested this bank....and lo and behold there was another ditch on the backside...as we went airborn. My head hit the roof of the car...and we nosed in on the other side...taking out a Nissan mouthful bite of nice Wauchula airport side. See the picture. I was surprised the airbags were not deployed! John being one not to lose a race...kept the throttle on, and the tire marks are there to prove it! We immediately spun to the right and passed that car as we got back on to pavement! I redialed Tim O'Connor....who probably thought I was high on something....and while he was just starting to answer...I mentioned to John that there had to be some damage to the car. John said.."I dont think there is any" and I FREAKIN about lost my meal from about splitting my sides laughing so hard. I am surprised I didnt have a bowel movement. But Tim is now on the phone again,,,and I am even in worse shape to talk. I was in tears...I could not stand it.

We drove down and caught up with the rest of the caravan...and got out and took some pictures.

Next was opening up a new business called All Ins Shadetree body shop. ....without the shade! The car was returned amazingly in pristine condition....well...almost! That frontend was like a rubbermaid trash can....just popped back into place. A little pounding...a little pulling...a little more pounding and a little more pulling...and voila..... Pictures say a thousand words.

Stan

Attachments

• April22 032.jpg
    April22 032.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
  • April22 033.jpg
    April22 033.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 0
  • April22 034.jpg
    April22 034.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
  • April22 052.jpg
    April22 052.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
  • April22 055.jpg
    April22 055.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
  • April22 057.jpg
    April22 057.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
  • April22 065.jpg
    April22 065.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 0
  • April22 068.jpg
    April22 068.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
My wife and I are laughing so hard I am breaking out in tears......Damn you Stan :)

StanFoster :
You know i was talking to someone about t-shirt or hats with everyone name from the forum so everyone would know who we are at the fly in but I think that stan you might be on to something here..........................:lol:

OK you are making me cry, Guys my ribs hurts, I cannot take it!
This is one of my best sorties to tell ever!!!!
But no one seems to believe they are all true even with witnesses.
I’m so glad we have pictures to prove it this time, no one believes me.
Five employees inspected our repair it was 5 something in the morning and they had nothing better to do but it looked as good as new to them.

I can fly, I can fly, I can fly.....

Last edited:
So I am taking it that you pulled off the rental car return with out any issues?

that is so funny to see what it looked like and then the repairs.

I still laugh when I think about how Gabor asked me if i wanted to know what the hold up was and showed me the pics of you and that car in the line.

Animal I am so confused, you and the guys were there waiting for me. I was only kidding Dave when I called him and told him they were taking me to jail.
You must have been more asleep than I thought.

I love the subtle adjustments we made....sledge hammers....chain with John putting the right pounds of pull....Dave signaling when to stop.....my final safety wiring,,,by the way would pass FAA inspection!

God...this is going to be one of my top funniest incidents in my life..

We need to print some t-shirts and all wear them next time were together.

Stan

I love the subtle adjustments we made....sledge hammers....chain with John putting the right pounds of pull....Dave signaling when to stop.....my final safety wiring,,,by the way would pass FAA inspection!

God...this is going to be one of my top funniest incidents in my life..

We need to print some t-shirts and all wear them next time were together.

Stan
Good idea if we add a subtitle like “We survived driving to Bensen Days 2010” could we sell them?

By the way:
Next time I am going to hire a film crew to follow us around so we can sell it to JACK ASS VIDEO.

I still laugh when I think about how Gabor asked me if i wanted to know what the hold up was and showed me the pics of you and that car in the line.

I have the video of the "Reenactment of Gabor telling the reason why the convoy is standing still" by the great imitator Tim Heilig the Animal. It's a bit hardcore so I didn't post it :)

STOP, please STOP!!! I can't Handel it. I am laughing so hard my neighbors must think I"m nuts.

Tim- Your renactment of Gabor was a riot. This experience took on a life of its own,...it was a Super Storm of events that came together.

Stan

Thanks Gagor, that was great, I'm still laughing.