AirCam video

Rando

Gold Member
Pretty Cool!

The AirCam is the greatest airplane ever because it will allow flying you simply cannot do in any other airplane. It's a twin-engine ultra-light designed for use by National Geographic to explore Africa . It can fly 10 feet above the tree tops in safety as it can, with no engine management challenge, climb up and away on one engine. Such near-Earth exploration is not done in twin-engine GA planes, ultra-lights or any other aircraft, with the same level of assurance. AirCams can take off on one engine, easily, and with both Rotax 912's turning, leap off terra firma in less than 100 feet and climb 2,000 fpm at Vne, all while burning only 10 gph. Try all that in any other aircraft!
WATCH FULL SCREEN HD

http://player.vimeo.com/video/65863381

Agreed!

The AirCam is first on my Lotto shopping list. I've got 15 wonderful hours flying one. I'm building a twin-engine gyro that I hope may be as fun as the AirCam to fly.

Pretty Cool!

The AirCam is the greatest airplane ever because it will allow flying you simply cannot do in any other airplane. It's a twin-engine ultra-light designed for use by National Geographic to explore Africa . It can fly 10 feet above the tree tops in safety as it can, with no engine management challenge, climb up and away on one engine. Such near-Earth exploration is not done in twin-engine GA planes, ultra-lights or any other aircraft, with the same level of assurance. AirCams can take off on one engine, easily, and with both Rotax 912's turning, leap off terra firma in less than 100 feet and climb 2,000 fpm at Vne, all while burning only 10 gph. Try all that in any other aircraft!
WATCH FULL SCREEN HD

http://player.vimeo.com/video/65863381

Cool plane. I see that Cladius Klimpt who has an ArrowCopter, also has an AirCam.

Seems he likes the AC sort of flying machines. :)

Progresive Aerodynes Sea Ray is less than half the price fly with a stick in an open cockpit and is completely amphibious. It also is near impossible to stall due to the hull shape.
no it doesn't have the safety of an extra engine, but I personally think the Air Cam is way overpriced due to its twin engines Fuel/Annuals/Repairs are also twice the price.
Nice plane if it was a gift.

That's why I call it one of my "lottery" planes;-)

Progresive Aerodynes Sea Ray is less than half the price fly with a stick in an open cockpit and is completely amphibious. It also is near impossible to stall due to the hull shape.
no it doesn't have the safety of an extra engine, but I personally think the Air Cam is way overpriced due to its twin engines Fuel/Annuals/Repairs are also twice the price.

do you plan on being able to fly your twin engine gyro on one engine? I have had that dream for many years but the best I have been able to do is extend my glide unless I add a third engine, the best twin was a push pull type but was only a little better than the machine with side by side props driven by both engines with sprag clutches, the worse one had a coax drive.

Norm

I have flown with Cladius in his air Cam it's a blast.

Too many times twin engine airplanes take the occupants from the point of the first engine failure to the scene of the crash.

Too many times twin engine airplanes take the occupants from the point of the first engine failure to the scene of the crash.

Twin engine!! How far will the second engine take you.... ALL the way to the scene of the accident!! Ron White special..

The Air Cam will fly forever or even climb at full gross on one engine. Built one for Ronnie @ corona, 2 monthes 22 days out of box & flying.
It flys like no other twin I've seen anywhere. Ronnie & friends would knock off the nav lights off the wing tips from time to time. one heck of an airplane, worth every dime.

I can't wait to fly one with Claudius! As you might know, Claudius will let Robert und me use his beautiful ArrowCopter while following us in his AirCam on our trip from Bensen Days to Houston, TX, and back. The AirCam is the ideal photo platform with no intervening canopy and great maneuverability. Also, its cruise is very compatible to the ArrowCopter's cruise.

Greetings, -- Chris.

When flying the Aircam when you cut one engine you cannot even tell hardly. Not like other twins when you jam in rudder. Both engines are close and fly very well.