Air Worthiness Certificate

Sounds like good info if you are somewhere where there is a DAR who will do a gyro. I got a list of about 10 in my area and may have found one willing to do the cert! More later. I can't even get a response from the FIDO!

Seens the FAA has gone away for now!
Is Robert Stark in Olney, TX on your list? If so, go to him. He knows gyros.

I agree with Tyger if you are only registering one. Find a DAR with experience.
PRA 31 has 5 builds going on so we are going to try and train SD FSDO in the ways for gyros.

To learn the latest see PRA webpage https://pra.org/default.aspx?p=Rules_N_Regs&i=46
It has the EAA webinar plus the FAA's pages and links to the documents you need.

The Webinar I referenced was not the one done by the EAA, it was presented by the FAST late Oct. I have permission to selectively share the presentation, if you are interested send me a PM and I'll provide a link.

Bobby

UPDATE:

Spoke with a lady affiliated with EAA Chapter 35 today and she put me in touch with a DAR near me. He participated in the Beta testing of the AWC Portal and has done several Gyros! He is going to do my AWC when it's time!

Bobby

Student solo privilege in the phase one, is found in the FAA generated Operating Limitations issued with the Airworthiness Certificate. (as I pasted in an earlier post)

The FAA Certificated prop and engine combination requires the the correct certificated prop is approved for the engine in the Type Certificate Data Sheets (TCDS) The trick is the engine and prop must still meet the FAA TCDS. Only FAA approved modifications are allowed on the prop and engine In Accordance With the FAA Supplemental type certificate (STC) All Airworthiness Directives (ADs) must be complied with for the combination to be approved.
No (unapproved) modifications are allowed to ignition systems, fuel systems, exhaust system, etc. In my 20 years as a DAR, I have never been able to approve the engine / prop combo for a shorter time in phase 1. Expanding the phase one test are is a much easier chore and I have never yet had one rejected.
Another cool tip is; The radius center of the phase one area may be defined by any point on a sectional chart. In the Chicago area we have Lake Michigan and class B & C airspace to deal with. Flying over Lake Michigan is approved for phase one, but I have yet to find anyone willing to do it. You can center on a small town, lake, intersection (VFR, highway or river) radio tower, etc. Your home airport has to be located within the circle.

Tom:

I expect to (hope to) start the phase one fly off in Anahuac (Chambers County Airport, TX) where I will do my transition training. Hope to be able to move phase one to less populated area about 10 miles from me. Who issues the change? The DAR?

Tom:

I expect to (hope to) start the phase one fly off in Anahuac (Chambers County Airport, TX) where I will do my transition training. Hope to be able to move phase one to less populated area about 10 miles from me. Who issues the change? The DAR?
My local Flight Standards District Office handled the paperwork and made the decisions for the new phase one when I made a “major change” to The Predator. (Engine, prop and rotor)

The Van Nuys FSDO sent two agents up to do the airworthiness inspection that was about a 300 mile trip road trip for them.

Tom:

Your Ops Limits say the cognizant FSDO or MIDO (in your present location) your DAR or FAA Inspector can issue more than one phase area. I certificated a gyro out east with 5 phase one areas !

I got the following answer back from Timm Bogenhagen at the LAA. To access that particular process if already begun you would need to use the DAR’s user name and password.

This seems to indicate a single user for the process. This would I image be the registered owner or the DAR, possibly a builder.

The answer to this question by me earlier is answered in this section here of the information circular on the use of the portal..

the section pertaining to who can use it;-

8. What Sections Should Be Completed on FAA Form 8130-6. FAA Form 8130-6 contains eight sections. Sections V and VIII are reserved for FAA or designee use only. The other sections are completed and submitted to the FAA by the registered owner 'or authorized agent of the registered owner.'

An authorized agent is someone designated by the registered owner to act on their behalf.

For someone to act as an authorized agent, the FAA would accept a notarized letter of authorization signed by the registered owner. This letter should be included with the application form.
a. For standard airworthiness certificates, you should complete sections I, II, and III.

The designated owner in our case is my son who is a US citizen, I am one of the builders. So if I wish to use the portal I would need a notarised letter of authorisation from him, which would be submitted to the FAA along with the other required forms. The other user of the portal would be our chosen DAR.