Air Command testing Cedartown Georgia

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
Lookin good Kurt.
Looks like that little prerotator is doing the job.
Spins those heavy blades pretty good.
Glad you got er done.

MadMuz

Aircraft
Open Gyro, Grumman AA5, Cessna
Total Flight Time
That looks awesome.... congrats. If it were mine, I think I would extend the main suspension compression struts an inch or 2 just to give it a little more keel ground clearance so on your takeoff run, the tail wheel isn't working so hard?

You have done a great job.... have you got any 'before pics' to see what you have done? That would be great to see :yo:

TJMay

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE and Air Command Elite
Total Flight Time
Of all people, I'm really glad to see that you got her flying and did so safely.

Tommy

jcarleto

Aluminum Supporter
Aircraft
Beech Bonanza G-35 N4638D/"The Bulldozer" 2-Place Gyroplane N575EE
Total Flight Time
Several
It bears mentioning that Kurt exemplifies what we are trying to accomplish at Peach State and at other clubs around the country. In short, he did it right.

He made use of knowledge and experience from other long-time gyro pilots and mechanics to verify his machine was in serviceable condition.

He had the gyro test flown by someone with experience before he operated the machine.

He got training BEFORE operating the machine.

He took his time during the transition from the training gyro to his machine and made use of available supervision.

His initial "fledging" flights were done with supervision, but a minimum of distraction. The event had to be postponed until the perfect conditions were at hand. He was patient enough to wait for a perfect day for the first trials.

There are no videos of the initial fledge. There were no distractions from air traffic or spectators. There were only two people watching for safety purposes. The initial "fledge" consisted of two flights up and back along the runway. Then, the gyro went back in the hangar. There was plenty of time to do more, but that was enough for the first time.

I applaud Kurt's patience along with his skill and especially his determination to get it done, "The Right Way."

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon,Snobird+, Ryan PT 22,Eagle 150B, Titan T51, Thatcher CX4, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
That's what I'm talking about!!!!!
Excellent!

Many many more years of safe flights!