Air Command or Bensen For Sale or Trade for ??????

MMorgan

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Aviomania Sport, Bensen, Flight Design CTSW
Total Flight Time
4000+
I woke up this am and decided that I should sell one of my gyros but I could not decide which one. I went out today and flew both and I still can't decide which one.

Therefore I am posting both machines for sale and I might consider a trade for something interesting.

The Air Command was built in 1999 or 2000 and is in excellent condition. See the back cover of the latest PRA magazine to see it flying. It has 91 hours total time on a dual carb, dual CDI 503 Rotax. Runs perfect and I have done nothing to it but change plugs, rebuild the fuel pump and changed the fuel lines this past year. Tires are new, has a ball bearing 100mm scooter type tail wheel. Rotors are 23 ft. Dragon Wings. It has a high speed pre-rotator that will get over 220 rpm.

Price: $7900 Can email more pics & details if interested

Attachments

• IMG_4694.JPG
    IMG_4694.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4687.JPG
    IMG_4687.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4688.JPG
    IMG_4688.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4690.JPG
    IMG_4690.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4695.JPG
    IMG_4695.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4693.JPG
    IMG_4693.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The Bensen was built in 1995 and has a stock EA-81. This is the machine I bought from Ron Awad (GyroRon) last year. I have flown it regularly and really enjoy the smoothness of the Subaru engine.
I put a new radiator, thermostat, hoses, tires and rotor bearing after it was bought from Ron. It is a good flying, stable machine with the horizontal tail up high in the propwash. It has 23 ft. Skywheel blades that are extremely smooth.

It has about the same power as my 503 AirCommand which climbs at 500ft. per min on a hot day. You may notice the weights on the nose as I am not quite heavy enough to keep the nose on the ground ( I weigh 155lbs).

Price: $4900 with trailer I can email more pics or details

Attachments

• IMG_4699.JPG
    IMG_4699.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4701.JPG
    IMG_4701.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4703.JPG
    IMG_4703.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4704.JPG
    IMG_4704.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4707.JPG
    IMG_4707.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4709.JPG
    IMG_4709.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
Nice machines! May I ask where you got the seat cover made for the Air Command?

It was on the machine when I bought it so I'm not sure.

Joe , if you are asking where his machines are located, my guess would be Abbeville,La. . Maybe not?

Chris no I believe Mike keeps his gyros hangared in North Dakota. But maybe I am wrong?

Any New Ideas on a new machine?

Any New Ideas on a new machine?

Hey Mike,

First It was nice to meet you last Friday, So Do you have any idea's on your new machine or just take whatever comes in a trade-in offer?

See ya later,
Glenn

PS. the Bee is on it's wheels

Not sure what I want....maybe a 2 place.....maybe a Sportcopter.......maybe a Dominator....maybe I'll keep these if they do not sell. They both run and fly very well so I would not be unhappy to keep them.

Joeheli.....as of a few minutes ago they were still in my hangar in Abbeville, La.(which is 15 miles south of Lafayette, which is 50 miles west of Baton Rouge)

Ron....I might like to keep them in North Dakota in the summer but this time of year it would be too cold.

Jose....pics emailed to you.

Air Command SOLD

Air Command SOLD

Couple of guys made a 1074 mile road trip from western Kansas and picked up the Air Command today.

Bensen is still here but if I sold it I would be gyroless...not sure if I could handle that.

Well, they will be happy , I know that was a well kept machine. Where were you today, I looked for you at Gonzales. 13 Gyros there. I was looking forward to see You and Rod again. Mike G. put on quite a show in all that wind.

Congrats on the sale Mike! Did you get $7900 ? Were those guys pilots?

Mark....it was lunch yesterday when we had it loaded up and they left so it was a little late to head over there. I really wanted to go but being here for the sale was a must...it just so happened that they left on fri. so that put them here yesterday am.

Rod called me at 2:45 when he was finished with his tax appt's for the day but it was just too late to make it.

Chris.....actually I got more because I let them have a trailer with the deal.

No they are not pilots but they know they need to get training. I actually had the buyer sign an addendum (I think I spelled that right) to the bill of sale that stated that training is required before operating this machine. It further stated that "injury or death may occur if this machine is operated without proper training."

The last thing I told them was if they had some flight experience that they would have a "slim to no" chance of flying it without crashing the machine but with no experience it would absolutely be committing suicide.

I wish them well and with training they will have a lot of fun as I did in the machine.

Way to go, I hope that you don't miss it too much (seller's remorse) !